Wolf and Barnes got it done.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Took a button buck this morning to wrap up my week. Wanted something small because I have a great recipe for a whole roast hindquarters of venison but it needs to be from a young deer. Wolf, Barnes T-ez 290 grain over 85 grains (v) T7 ffg. Deer dropped in its tracks and bullet exited. It was a total broadside shot and hit only ribs- so looks like I’ll get two nice little shoulder pot roasts out of it too- which I really like.

I may go out next week to look for another doe- something bigger- for jerky and hamburger.

Attachments

• F4D01E5A-16B9-4D97-A47E-2669C5B5500D.jpeg
    F4D01E5A-16B9-4D97-A47E-2669C5B5500D.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Excellent job. Smaller deer are better eating, imo.
Looking forward to opening day muzzleloader tomorrow morning.
I'm still on the fence as to which gun to take.
Leaning towards my frankenflinter but I might take the Optima rifle.

What state??? deer that size all the meat is tender and great!! Makes my mouth water thinking of it!! What state by the way?? Acorns are almost done falling here in east Tn. this year.. a very cool october indeed!! We/i have to wait until nov. 5 to fire at game,, hoping to take my first with "real" black powder this yr!

What state??? deer that size all the meat is tender and great!! Makes my mouth water thinking of it!! What state by the way?? Acorns are almost done falling here in east Tn. this year.. a very cool october indeed!! We/i have to wait until nov. 5 to fire at game,, hoping to take my first with "real" black powder this yr!
Maryland

No, supposed to be dry. High winds though.
That is what we have here in N IL- 80 degrees with winds at 20mph. My daughter has a softball tournament this weekend. Glad the weather was like this for the tournament. If it had been good hunting weather I would have been thinking about hunting the whole time at the games. Temp drops are supposedly coming near the end of the week.

That is what we have here in N IL- 80 degrees with winds at 20mph. My daughter has a softball tournament this weekend. Glad the weather was like this for the tournament. If it had been good hunting weather I would have been thinking about hunting the whole time at the games. Temp drops are supposedly coming near the end of the week.
Got up at 5:30 this morning. Already 70 degrees with wind.
Guess I'll just lay on the couch this morning, Lol

Latest posts

Back