Woodman barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can see how the metal bars continue between lugs on Mark's barrel and are nonexistent on a factory. I had to remove wood to allow for that and deepen the channel for the ramrod

How would the original Thompson Center thumbhole work with the Omega Brux barrel?
I believe Mark makes these Brux and McGowen barrels to any external dimensions. My McGowen is a 1” shank and the Brux I have coming is 1.1” shank. I’m certain either a Brux or a McGowen could be made to factory dimensions to fit perfectly in an OEM lam stock (with no or little fitting).

Here is a pic of my McGowen in the OEM synthetic stock. Fits, but tightly. I haven’t shot it in this configuration.

AC842780-9205-4375-BB00-820ECBC50252.jpeg

Boyds has 2 times of stocks.The Varmit stock is the one that has the wide forend.But it is made for bull barrels.The feather lite has the rounded forend.I spoke to Ashley in customer service and that is what she explained to me.For the Omegas.

I love the feel of thumbholes but I really like not having to completely break my hold to cock the hammer. In the market for a Omega factory laminate non thumbhole if anyone would like to part with one. I bet I'm the only person looking for one.

Back