Woodman modules

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone use Marksmodules for his 45 cal Omega barrels?What primers can be used and tools to load and unload the modules?I am thinking they might be easier to load in the bp than trying to put just the primers in.What is the cost and how many?

The module is essentially a 209 dimensionally with the addition of the small nose to fit further up in the Woodman plug. It is primed with rifle primers (no you couldn’t get a 209 to go in it). Yes, you’d likely want to re-adjust headspace for the modules.

Yes, I’ve used them with large rifle primers but you could also use large mag rifle primers.

I prime them with a mallet, carbon tube (cut off arrow) and a block of wood. And deprime with a punch.

View attachment 36781
Youre not actually pounding the primer into the module? You put the primer on a solid surface and pound the module down onto it, right?

These modules currently aren’t compatible with a hand priming tool without an adapter. Woodman will be making those shortly.

BTW, he also has an Arrowhead type module that is being tested.

Youre not actually pounding the primer into the module? You put the primer on a solid surface and pound the module down onto it, right?
I wouldn’t use the verb “pound.” 😉 I set the primer on an oak block and place the module in the carbon tube. Then tap the module down over the primer. Very easy.

The module is essentially a 209 dimensionally with the addition of the small nose to fit further up in the Woodman plug. It is primed with rifle primers (no you couldn’t get a 209 to go in it). Yes, you’d likely want to re-adjust headspace for the modules.
But, in a pinch, can you use a 209 primer instead of the module?
Im surprise that a module that small will take large primer.

Yeah, ‘pound’ isnt what i imagine happening but i posted before thinking about that.

So the module is the same diameter as a 209 primer.Does that mean that a lmrp amd lrp are smaller in diameter than a 209 to fit in the module?And is the nipple like a flamee channel to ignite the powder?Thanks,ELDiablo
Yes, it’s a 209-sized brass module with the funnel/nipple on the front that fits in the flash channel of the Woodman plug.

B56A6AF3-E63A-4D56-9379-690E80BEBAAE.jpeg

Back