Wore out

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhead 1

Reaction score
Bought a torch tip cleaner to check the wear on my ventliner to see if it needs replaced but I don;t have a mic. to check the gauge of a pass through pin can someone tell me what number it would be? Fred

Fred, seems like I read somewhere that vent liner hole was .030. I'm not positive though, I may be way off.

Wolf river Mike in the cleaning kit ther are various sizes of pins what I need to know is what no. pin represents .o37/.o4o to pass through the hole in the ventliner telling me it's time to replace it or getting close. thanks Fred

Wire sizes are 63=.0370 ,62=.0380,62=.0390,61=.040
I don't recall if theses sizes apply to torch cleaning wires kit.

A suggestion

Fred, to you have a new vent liner? If so, using it, find a wire that is the right size. Start with whatever size wire you can get thru your fouled ventliner and work your way up to the correct size.

I guess this is a plug for Randy,you would do well getting some vent liners from him these do work great,if you don't shoot way over a hundred shots a year ,just put one in and forget about measuring.
I got some from him last year or maybe the year before that cannot remember.I kept 2 and gave the others to my friends.I just put the second one in last week (it didn't need changeing ) but I wanted everything right to test a hunting load.Have no idea how many shots I have gotten from the first one but it is been a lot .
I didn't shoot the savage as much last year (I shoot reg calibers a lot,at the range at least one day a week)but was way over a hundred,the year before I put over 1500 shots through 2 savages.That year I went through quit a few of the vent liners from savage.

Latest posts

Back