• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Worksharp knife sharpener

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i do the kitchen knives on one of those and it makes the cook happy.

i wont touch my hunting knives to it.

i do the kitchen knives on one of those and it makes the cook happy.

i wont touch my hunting knives to it.

I have three sets of Chicago Cutlery that I use for the deer processing, my Henckles stay in the kitchen and are hand sharped along with the hunting knives.

What do you not like about the Worksharp Mossy?

I could never figure out how to hold the same angle as you pull the knife through.

Shorty above has given GREAT ADVICE about going to You-Tube!!!
I also have one. Have used it for years.
The process of using it takes a little getting used to. I’ve worn out many belts.
The Best process I found is to start a knife like it has never been sharpened before.
I Set the sharpening guide (angle) as directed by the paperwork based on blade type. I was never coordinated enough to push the button on and off as I ran the blades through as suggested. I used the lock feature using the correct speed and then pulled blade across the umber of times suggested. Based On how the blade is sharpening, I may increased the number of times a blade is used on a certain belt grit depending on how the blade is tuning up.
Once a knife has been sharpened on the belt sharpener, I usually never have to start back at the roughest belt unless there’s some severe damage to a blades edge.
I’ve also purchased (Econoway & Red Label) belts that are similar in grit. They are usually cheaper, then the Ken Onion Belts, and at times last longer. I am attaching A file that shows the grits of the Ken Onion belts. If it any time you would like to speak directly to me about using your sharpener, send me a PM and I’ll give you my advice.
Derek

Attachments

• 80ACEA73-CAFB-4A0E-A409-A32679B6F646.jpeg
    80ACEA73-CAFB-4A0E-A409-A32679B6F646.jpeg
    223.1 KB · Views: 0
I tried YouTube and still couldn’t figure it out. Doesn’t matter anyway as it’s sold and will be shipped out today.

Motorized things often don’t like me :), so I tend to stick with simpler products. This has been a good purchase and there is a very clear YouTube video how to available

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/8a/10/6953282E-7CB0-4D5D-86C2-0FC62136617A/IMG_0182.heic

Like Others on here, I consider myself a good knife sharpener. Have carried a jackknife since my eighth birthday, still do, just have to stay off of airplanes. Some years ago I discovered one of those little kitchen sharpeners made up about five small steel wheels and an offset handle. Made to fast down hard to a table or countertop, I just fastened it to a block of wood. Darn thing really works, not one of those nice polished razor type edges, more of a sawtooth edge that cuts most kitchen things marvelously well. Some of those old hammer forged carbon steel knives are still hard to beat in the kitchen and it sure sharpens them up good. After being married for 60 years, I have discovered that a couple of those knives that I brought with me are still working, and are going to outlast me. Even use it on some of my skinning knives, might not do a real smooth job but they work good. I must admit that I cut up more meat in the kitchen year-round then I do deer and game during season. I might spend a week processing deer, then the next 51 weeks carving them for dinner.
Squint

Latest posts

Back