Wyoming Antelope Success

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WyoHunter

Reaction score
I've shot a lot of antelope with my centerfire rifles over the years so this year I decide to hunt with my my Accura 50 cal. muzzleloader. I used 110 grs. BH 209 to push a 300 gr. Scorpion PT Gold out the barrel ignited by a CCI 209 primer. This is a very accurate load in my rifle.
On my third stalk on this antelope I was successful. The shot was a lasered 194 yards and put the buck down quickly. Although the entry hole in the hide was 50 cal. when I skinned him the entrance and exit hole were the size of silver dollars and did extensive damage. This was my third day hunting in 85 degree heat so I sweated a lot. Drink a lot of water if you hunt in this kind of weather. Here's a couple of pics of me and my buck. Please excuse his tongue hanging out - I missed putting it back in his mouth. :D
WyoMuzzleloader2011-2.jpg

WyoMuzzleloader2011.jpg

Good looking Speed Goat! Congrads! Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Outstanding shot on a very nice Pronghorn! I like the mass above the prong and the hay-hook horns too.

Looks like a high heart lung shot. If that is the case, they will never go far.

Which unit did you hunt in, if you don't mind telling?

Paul

Very nice looking Pronghorn. And a heck of a shot. Congratulations.

:D :)
CONGRATS :!: :!: :!: Thats one for the wall and if I remember correctly the backstraps are excellent :wink:

Ray......... 8)

tndeer said:
How is your gun sighted in for this load? thanks
I sighted my Accura 2" high at 100 yards. A Nikon Omega with the BDC 250 reticle is mounted on the gun and with this sighting the first circle is on at 200 yards on 6X. Since I didn't intend to shoot farther than 200 yards I didn't check at what range the the other circles would impact.
The area I hunted is Area 73 north of Casper.

Back