Yellow vs Black Sabot TC Shock Wave bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rat trapper

Reaction score
What can you guys tell me about the yellow vs black sabots sold with TC's shock wave bullets?? Is one more accurate than the other??

The yellow sabots are the "Powerglide" sabots that are a little easier to load than the standard black sabots. They are supposed to make loading easier. In my experience the yellow powerglides are a little easier to load, but are not as accurate. Maybe some of the other fellas here can chime in as well on this and offer their experiences with accuracy when using them.

I'm not familiar with those but can tell you that two different sabots will probably shoot different out of your gun or any gun. I would try both if you are interested in shooting that bullet and see which one shoots the best.

sabot

yellow loose in my pro hunter and wolf. black good.

Have tried four different sabots in my Encore along with the 250 grain SST/Shockwave bullets.

1. Some red four petal sabots that were hard to load but gave fine accuracy.

2. Some black four petal sabots that were also hard to load but also give fine accuracy.

3. The three red petal Hornady Low Drag sabots. They made acceptable groups and are much easier to load into my Encore. Recently got my powder charge right and they are giving fine accuracy.

4. The super Glide sabots: These things loaded very easily and sprayed bullets into 6" to 8" groups at 100 yards.

I'd been told the yellow sabots were not as accurate as the orginal black sabots. I've always used the black ones in my knight disc extreme
and they have worked very well. Must work in some rilfles or TC would not have put them on the market.

In my CVA Kodiac Pro 110 gr T7 300gr Shockwave in black sabot 3/4 in 100yrds if I do my part.

The yellow Super Glide are designed for some TC barrels that were extremely tight and that all I know of they are accurate in. The Black are MMP HPH 24 and shoot in a fair range of guns if the are to loose then you go to the MMP 12.

Latest posts

Back