You know your're REALLY old when....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was that after a booster jab???
Honestly i wished i could blame the covid vaccine but it wasnt. I would never get it, but i am glad i didnt. Today i was informed at cardiac rehab that ALOT of younger ppl that were vaccinated are having heart problems due to the vaccine.

Honestly i wished i could blame the covid vaccine but it wasnt. I would never get it, but i am glad i didnt. Today i was informed at cardiac rehab that ALOT of younger ppl that were vaccinated are having heart problems due to the vaccine.
My son did after his required to work 2nd booster. Heart rhythm irregularities, chest discomfort --took weeks to resolve. Scary stuff. Glad you still on your feet...!!

Too many young people going around here. A guy from my job that retired on a disability in November recently died. He was 51. My wife's son literally just called her an hour ago to tell her that his dad is in the ICU with heart failure. 48 years old. I just turned 52 and try my best to take care of myself. I run a lot, workout regularly, etc. It just stinks when people so young are dying around you and the first thing you do is try to validate the reason; he smoked, I don't, he was overweight and ate like crap, I'm not/don't eat too bad, etc.

Too many young people going around here. A guy from my job that retired on a disability in November recently died. He was 51. My wife's son literally just called her an hour ago to tell her that his dad is in the ICU with heart failure. 48 years old. I just turned 52 and try my best to take care of myself. I run a lot, workout regularly, etc. It just stinks when people so young are dying around you and the first thing you do is try to validate the reason; he smoked, I don't, he was overweight and ate like crap, I'm not/don't eat too bad, etc.
So sorry to hear about the young people in your life who are having trouble... but I'm glad to hear that you are taking good care of yourself: Exercise, eating, and avoiding bad habits like smoking and drunkeness are huge - throughout life, but especially after you hit your 50s and mantaining that discipline begins to involve some pain. There are no guarantees because there are many random things in life over which we have no control, so none of us know what tomorrow will bring. But... good habits and a positive, thankful outlook offer the best chance of enjoying the later parts of our lives as fully as possible.

So sorry to hear about all the young people in your life who are having trouble... but I'm glad to hear that you are taking good care of yourself: Exercise, eating, and avoiding bad habits like smoking and drunkeness are huge - throughout life, but especially after you hit your 50s and mantaining that discipline begins to involve some pain. There are no guarantees because there are many random things in life over which we have no control, so none of us know what tomorrow will bring. But... good habits and a positive, thankful outlook offer the best chance of enjoying the later parts of our lives as fully as possible.
Thanks. Haven't had a drink in just over 15 years, never smoked, definitely try to do the right thing. My job can take its toll. Have lost some good friends and had more than enough close calls, but I still enjoy it. Been doing it for over 27 years. Can retire at 32 years on the job, but that will depend on my youngest who will be starting college in the fall.

Anyway, enough about that. Sorry to get off topic. Back to the old fart jokes 🤣

You know you're really old when you take a pee at 5am., take a dump at 6am., and dont get out of bed until 10am.
And when you feel 20yrs older than you actually look. Which is where I'm at, I'm usually safe from the previously listed telltale sign for now
I do that at times, but I must not be too old since I do get up out of bed before going pee or poop in the middle of the night...

You know you're really old when you take a pee at 5am., take a dump at 6am., and dont get out of bed until 10am.
And when you feel 20yrs older than you actually look. Which is where I'm at, I'm usually safe from the previously listed telltale sign for now
Naw man, your old when you can't stay awake past 7:30 and can't sleep past 4:30 !

Back