Young success

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52Bore

Reaction score
Glad to be part of helping a new )1st time) young hunter be successful during our ML season. I was glad to hear his shot from another part of the farm, when I arrived he was all smiles.
I told him the 1840’s bullet design would have 1 hole in - 4 holes out.
130yds using 50grW BH209.
My good friends son-in-law, he’s hooked and he’ll be back.
BE4BD2A2-85FD-4CB7-8E04-09233B953C1A.jpeg
79CDA3A5-5759-4FD7-8854-554649FE28F7.jpegD47E92AA-2E91-45E2-B5E5-CBE8264476E4.jpegAD7FDC87-2A34-40E7-AE22-799D6B1E477F.jpeg7AB65E84-4C55-4F73-BBD7-262F41BCF169.jpegBE4BD2A2-85FD-4CB7-8E04-09233B953C1A.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats to the young fella! That's a dandy eater right there.

Congrats to the young fella! That's a dandy eater right there.
Yes. We taught him how to field dress, cut up and process- he loved it all.
We even ate a roast from my buck i shot the week prior for dinner one night.
Great times.

Last edited:
This the way deer hunting should start out....a nice eater buck or doe. Last night's ten oclock news showed a 7 year old Wisconsin kid who hammered a huge, I believe, 18 pointer. Just think how disappointing hunting is going to be for him for many, many years.

I hate it when dads press it on their kids to just shoot a big deer, hunting is about enjoying the hunt no matter deer size or sex..if they just happen to kill a big one thats great but should be there choice.
Nice deer and glad theres another black powder shooter in the ranks.

A FB page started this year in Michigan that has banned all negative QDMA type language and discussions providing a platform for hunters, young and old, men, women and children to post any legally harvested deer without fear of persecution. It has been wonderful and restored my faith in the hunter society that we can possibly return to the roots of why we do this. It is amazing to see a young hunter post a picture of a runt spike and get 500 likes and congratulations! With age comes wisdom and I'm beginning to understand "the good ole days!"

A FB page started this year in Michigan that has banned all negative QDMA type language and discussions providing a platform for hunters, young and old, men, women and children to post any legally harvested deer without fear of persecution. It has been wonderful and restored my faith in the hunter society that we can possibly return to the roots of why we do this. It is amazing to see a young hunter post a picture of a runt spike and get 500 likes and congratulations! With age comes wisdom and I'm beginning to understand "the good ole days!"
Got a link to the page?

That is spot on much more to hunting than the kill...I have been hunting whitetail bucks for 60 years and still think the biggest deer I ever shot was the first ..all bucks and deer are good ones no matter the size ...good job ...congrats..!!

Agree, there’s more to hunting, than hunting.

Yes indeed! Took my 13 yr old granddaughter out for her first deer hunt this morning, going back out tomorrow. She is shooting wonderfully, hope she sees one in the morning and gets to try her skill.

Love that bullet in the photo - what mold did that come from?

Curtis

Latest posts

Back