• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED/ISO Youth muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusticbob

Reaction score
My 10yr old grandson needs a youth muzzleloader. He is not a big kid, but he has the interest so now is the time to start the learning process. I have plenty of muzzleloaders, but just not something that fits him, or would be a good candidate to cut down.
Can be either traditional or modern, in fact if I can find one I might buy him a CVA Youth Wolf. Anyone who has something that might fit the bill, let me know.

If you don't find it here.
Muzzle-Loaders.com has a Traditions Buckstalker youth model on sale for $ 210.00.
It's a decent rifle, I owned one some years ago.

There must be some nice, well cared for youth rifles in use now. Somebody surely will outgrow one soon. Not fussy, no hurry.
Someone suggested I take the recoil pad off a CVA Wolf? Does anyone know if the buttplate on aWolf can be removed?

I have a CVA Mackinaw .50 that could be easily conv. to a young shooter. The stock has a 14LOP as is. I bought for my wife to use and she doesn't have any interest. It's a used one that I put a rear sight and unbreakable rod on and some cleaning. It has good rifling and shoots the hornady PA conical balls really well. The bore has some light browning in the grooves. This would make a good beginner gun. 125.00 plus actual shipping . I will be listing this when I get around to it.

Attachments

• IMG_5818.jpg
    IMG_5818.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5819.jpg
    IMG_5819.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5820.jpg
    IMG_5820.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5816.jpg
    IMG_5816.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5817.jpg
    IMG_5817.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 0
Rusticbob, I enjoy watching the albrecht auction in Vassar Mi. Just last week they had a couple of very nice inlines that sold for 125.00. One for 85.00. They ship or I can pick one up and ship to you. Ive done for guys here before. Once in your posession you could make a project to shorten and modify it with your Grandson. Just an offer and another option.

I have a friend who bought a cva Wolf for his son and took the recoil pad off took a jigsaw and cut off a half to 3/4 of an inch off the stock,put the recoil pad back on and you can not tell the difference except in the shortness of the gun.

Latest posts

Back