Youtube series idea

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
I had an idea just now that was brought on by another topic on a forum.

Why not shoot a Muzzleloading for dummies video?

We all know what a pain in the rear end the learning curve can be from powder brand to the next when you try something new.

American Pioneer of course can be a very sensitive powder to teach someone to use due to the projectile fit and compression being crucial, along with what to do between shots.

Pyrodex RS - Select - P are all different and of course we always get, whats the difference? How much less powder should I use, etc.

And of course, seating pressure with one brand to the next is always a pain in the rear end. Some say this brand likes such and such lbs of seating pressure, others like me say, use 2 thumbs over the end of the ramrod so its an easy consistent pressure since your thumbs can only muscle so much.

It seems like an interesting idea to give a try on.
IMG_7570.jpg

I've been shooting muzzleloaders for a long time, maybe 25 years.  I've shot lots of maxi balls and even more saboted bullets, but I've never ventured into the realm of the patched round ball.  I'd love to see a video that covered barrel twist rates, patch materials, lubes, swaged vs. cast bullets, ect.   I've always wanted to give prb's a go but I don't know anyone personally who shoots them.

I'm sure you'll have many readers on that secton including me but I would change the name though......... ;) 

Ray.......... :Red tup:

LOL I'll change that once I get things rolling. It will be a LONG process doing all this filming and editing.

Great idea FG.  If you do one video project you are likely to do another.  Might be good now to outline and plan ahead for future topics in your "series".  

And yes hawg'..."Dummies" has to go.

I thought that would be funny as they do that with Windows for dummies, html for dummies, etc. :lol:

Back