Z5 Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRANDBOW

Reaction score
What is the differance of the Z5 and standard Omega's. What is the scoop on the Z5, why did T/C discontinue them. Any body shooting one.

There are several of us shooting the Z5 It is the lower priced version of the Omega. The action is not meant to be taken apart. I have had mine for several years ever since Walmart started to stock them. Are you sure they have been discontinued?

I've been shooting my dad's extensively...getting ready for Nebraska in December. He got his 3 or 4 years ago and the bore is not as tight as the earlier models it seems.

I've tinkered and tinkered and tinkered some more. I was getting 1.5-3 inch 100 yard groups forever with whatever I shot. This included BH209, crush ribs, 777 mag pellets, 260/300 grain scorpion pt gold, shockwave etc etc.

Then, i ordered harvester short black sabots for bullets less than 300 grain and BINGO!!! With 2 777 mag pellets and 260 grain scorpions, I shot a 5 shot group and had 3 go through the same hole. The first shot with a clean bore was a bit off, and I pulled shot 4 a bit. It was the best group I'd ever shot at 100 yards with any rifle.

I get sick of the crud ring with the pellets though, so I tried 110 grain of BH209 tonight, and they were right on top of each other again...not same hole but dang close.

I'm very very happy with the rifle and didn't think that it was capable of those groups. The short black sabot fits tight but that's the difference. I've also been indexing the sabots every time and using winchester primers.

Many folks on here mentioned the short black sabot for the omega so I have to give credit where it's due...thanks!

Z5

NOT SURE THEY ARE DISCONTINUED, HOWEVER THEY ARE NOT IN THE LATEST CATALOG

Back