Zero Distance

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering what distance you DWB's are zeroing your rifles. I zero my conical guns at 75 yards. Puts me about 2 inches high at 50 and 2 low at 100.

Ed, I bought a 451 off a member here. It's unmarked but kinda reminds me of a ultramag but with a 27" barrel. I'm going to have the barrel shortened to 24 or 22 inches. I think Doc was drunk when he drilled and tapped it. The front base holes aren't deep enough for the screws lol. Can't wait to get this gun up and running.

Ed, I bought a 451 off a member here. It's unmarked but kinda reminds me of a ultramag but with a 27" barrel. I'm going to have the barrel shortened to 24 or 22 inches. I think Doc was drunk when he drilled and tapped it. The front base holes aren't deep enough for the screws lol. Can't wait to get this gun up and running.
Man I wished they made a 451 in an UltraMag with a 27” bbl. But then again I love the shorter bbl for stalking through the woods.

I start at 25 yds, dead on. Move to 50 yds 1-2" high then 100 yds I'm almost dead on. So basically the same as your 75 yd zero. One can hold on a deer vital area out to 110 yds and kill it.
I’ll have to try zeroing in at 25 yds next time I’m at the range and see what happens at 75 & 100 yds.

I used to sight in at 1-2 inches high at 50 yds and I would be almost dead on at 100yds. I now have a Leupold VX Freedom ultimate slam scope and it has a ballistic reticle that I sighted dead on at 50yds and the actual crosshair is the 100yd reticle. It's dead on accurate at 50 and 100yds! I really like the Leupold VX Freedom on my Accura V2 Lr!

Actually, the most important thing is the likely range you will be shooting at game. An antelope hunter on the prairie will probably be prepared to take longer shots than someone in the pine barrens of the northeast, and will require a zero that will have a lot of hunters shooting pretty high at say, 75 yds.

Actually, the most important thing is the likely range you will be shooting at game. An antelope hunter on the prairie will probably be prepared to take longer shots than someone in the pine barrens of the northeast, and will require a zero that will have a lot of hunters shooting pretty high at say, 75 yds.

Check out Doc's preferred zero

http://whitemuzzleloading.com/best-loads/

Back