Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been considering using my zombie omega for my elk hunt. I got it ready ( pretty much ) but haven't really decided . Its kind of a toss up between the 50 cal. Zombie Omega, The 451. Pedersoli Tryon Creedmore 1:20, the 45 cal. Knight Mountaineer 1:20 or the 451. White Super Safari 1:20

only took one scope adjustment and it was fairly good. its ready out to 200 if I do decide to use it.

Another White vote. If I was going that would've been the rifle I would use with my 465gr conicals. I'm sure Doc would tell ya the same. Grin

Come on make us DWB's proud!! LOL

edmehlig said:
Another White vote. If I was going that would've been the rifle I would use with my 465gr conicals. I'm sure Doc would tell ya the same. Grin

Come on make us DWB's proud!! LOL
and another White vote it is... :yeah:

1874, if ya don't have confidence in your .451 White Super Safari, mine could use a companion. I'd be glad to take it off your hands!! GRIN

edmehlig said:
1874, if ya don't have confidence in your .451 White Super Safari, mine could use a companion. I'd be glad to take it off your hands!! GRIN

I just got back from taking the Super Safari out . I think i got lots of confidence in it:)
I didnt realize i only had 15 of the 488 left though . I have plenty of 460's so i might have to go with the No Excuses in 460 if the Safari gets called to duty . I had right at 1 to 1-1/4 in groups with the 460 . Definitely minute of elk .

edmehlig said:
GM54-120 said:
Super Safari, its looks lonely.

I agree that's why I said I'll be glad to take it off his hands! LOL

He shouldn't be to lonely. He has a girlfriend. She is a .410

Thanks Ed and Scott for the offer of bullets but i would need to many :). I will check with Dan and if I can get some 488's in time I might stick with them . I would take you up on the offer but I would like a 100 so i could practice quite a bit before the season. If Dan can't get me any quick enough i have 5 boxes of the 460's.so they will work

What was kind of strange was i took the Bushnell off and put a Nikon omega on and it was shooting 18" to the left. Oh well it is back sighted in now .

Bummer , scope change again . I went back out to shoot from farther out . I ran out of elevation at 125 yards . I was going to put some moa inserts in the rings but decided to just put the Nikon Monarch 4x16 on it instead . If for someb reason i don't have enough elevation to reach 200 then i will add the inserts
For now i start over sighting in again :)

Latest posts

Back