Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1874sharpsshooter said:
edmehlig said:
GM54-120 said:
Super Safari, its looks lonely.

I agree that's why I said I'll be glad to take it off his hands! LOL

He shouldn't be to lonely. He has a girlfriend. She is a .410

Thanks Ed and Scott for the offer of bullets but i would need to many :). I will check with Dan and if I can get some 488's in time I might stick with them . I would take you up on the offer but I would like a 100 so i could practice quite a bit before the season. If Dan can't get me any quick enough i have 5 boxes of the 460's.so they will work

What was kind of strange was i took the Bushnell off and put a Nikon omega on and it was shooting 18" to the left. Oh well it is back sighted in now .

Does the 410 have a wood stock or is it a simulated wood finished composite? It is definitely a great looking rifle, actually the both are. :wink:

Shawn It's simulated wood composite stock.

Well I had a good end to a long day but the Super Safari is on track. It was shooting good but I didn't like the Bushnell scope, so I put a nikon Omega on it. I sighted it in and had great groups at 100 yards but when i went to move back I found out I was out of elevation. At first i was just going to add the moa inserts but went ahead and robbed the Nikon Monarch 4x16 off a Knight instead. once the Nikon was mounted I went back out. Several shots later i was zeroed at 125 yards. A little left but I wasn't worried about that today I just wanted to make sure I had enough elevation to reach 200. Once I was zeroed at 125 I took one shot to check my ballistic calculation at 150 yards. The two holes in the target are 125 zero and 150. Looked good enough for me to call it a day . Next trip out I pick up at 150 and work my way back but the White i believe is almost elk ready :mrgreen:

90 gr triple 777 460 gr No Excuses

I put a poll up on huntingnet and the White is running away with more votes than the other 5 combined . DWB's must be on huntingnet too:)

I have seen that elevation issue more than once now, and after some investigation, it has ended up as the rings, I would bet if you reverse (front/back) rings, and retry your 200 sight in, it works.

Squeeze said:
I have seen that elevation issue more than once now, and after some investigation, it has ended up as the rings, I would bet if you reverse (front/back) rings, and retry your 200 sight in, it works.
I think you are right . I have burris Z rings . I thought about switching them around but figured since the ring inserts were 0's that it wouldnt help but it might have . I have plus 10 inserts that i was going to put in but i decided to just rob the Monarch off a Knight in stead .

Latest posts

Back