200g Bloodline -- 50g Blackhorn

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_3138.JPG

IMG_3137.JPG

jsteurrys sent these 200 grain Bloodline bullets

IMG_3142.JPG

The distance from the rifle to the horse is 25 yard. The powder charge is 50 grain Blackhorn.

IMG_3140.JPG

The petals busted off in the front jug; the jug was destroyed. The second jug was severely damaged. The third, and fourth jugs had holes through, and through. The fifth jug caught the bullet. The sixth jug was undamaged.

IMG_3159.JPG

IMG_3160.JPG

Thank you for doing this bullet test for me Ron. The results look the same as the 80 gr test that you did back in August of 2015. I have not used this bullet since 2011. It looks like I will be using this bullet this year in my DISC Elite .45 pushed by 120 gr of BH209.

Ron:
If you have the bullets, can you visually tell the difference in this bullet which passed vs the 195gr Copper Lehigh that failed (you tested it last week)?

Good info Ron. Interesting how 200 Bloodline worked, and the 195 lehigh did not. Hard to tell from the pic, maybe the nose is thicker?
I bet the folks at Lehigh will find this interesting also. Seems like their original creations were tough to beat!

Its no wonder the 200 is loved by many folks... jsteurrys...I know what I'm gonna plan to shoot out of my .45 Elite this year also! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :yeah:

Ron, thanks for the 1:1 physical photo comparisons. the HP of the copper Lehigh looks slightly smaller, or something.
Can't imagine the copper being harder than brass as they both are designed to fragment.

I believe the results from this 50grV you tested were different from the 195gr Lehigh results above -or maybe I'm confused (isn't hard sometimes..).

Attachments

• 195gr Lehigh.jpg
    195gr Lehigh.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 230
Rick, the 195 grain copper Lehigh fractured when the powder charge was 80 grain, but didn't work when the powder was 50 grain. Rick, you are not confused.

Back