Woodman Machined Copper Hollow point 40 Caliber 175g Bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe Mark can knurl the bullets but maybe isn't in his options. You can knurl your own by passing the bullets between two coarse rasps. Easy to do. I knurl every bullet I shoot, Furys, Barnes, XTPs, every bullet. I knurl them so they are less likely to slip in the sabots.

These bullets are knurled. When I look at Mark Woodman's website the photos show they are not knurled. Who did this? How? Why? I'm not being critical, I want to learn a lot about this bullet. Thanks.

Bullets were purchased from Woodman; arrived here knurled.

I thought that 84g W/120g V was the new “ standard max load “ for most modern inlines. I could be wrong though.
I’ll take a faster, flatter, lighter bullet for inside 300yds any day of the wk over a slower heavier bullet with more recoil.
That really is a stout charge for inside 150yds agreed. That could be cut way back for that short range use.
The 195g Barnes are leaving my Accura at 2480fps. Pretty sweet.
I fixed that typo.

Mark. Can you make a smokeless Patriot specifically for this bullet?

These bullets are knurled. When I look at Mark Woodman's website the photos show they are not knurled. Who did this? How? Why? I'm not being critical, I want to learn a lot about this bullet. Thanks.
We machine these bullets in house and knurl them. There was a time in the beginning that we did not. Our new website will have updated pics very soon.
Our 45 caliber Patriot is already capable of shooting smokeless out of the box.

I thought that 84g W/120g V was the new “ standard max load “ for most modern inlines. I could be wrong though.
I’ll take a faster, flatter, lighter bullet for inside 300yds any day of the wk over a slower heavier bullet with more recoil.
That really is a stout charge for inside 150yds agreed. That could be cut way back for that short range use.
The 195g Barnes are leaving my Accura at 2480fps. Pretty sweet.
I wouldn't want to shoot this bullet with BH209 or any sub only the "other" powder. I could use 1/4 of the "other" powder than the others. You could probably stretch the range out some using the "other" powder.

I believe Mark can knurl the bullets but maybe isn't in his options. You can knurl your own by passing the bullets between two coarse rasps. Easy to do. I knurl every bullet I shoot, Furys, Barnes, XTPs, every bullet. I knurl them so they are less likely to slip in the sabots.
Mr Tom what rasps are you using?

Myself, i also use a rasp to knurl bullets now and then. It seems to work good. However, since it is done free-hand, i then run the knurled bullets through a sizing die to make them uniform. Can't say whether it is necessary but sizing them makes me feel better about the process.

Myself, i also use a rasp to knurl bullets now and then. It seems to work good. However, since it is done free-hand, i then run the knurled bullets through a sizing die to make them uniform. Can't say whether it is necessary but sizing them makes me feel better about the process.
With a .456 bore I don’t think I’m going to run into sizing problems🤣. My order from fury came in yesterday so I’ll be burning powder this weekend. Knurled, slick and different plastics.

Back