225 aerotip 45cal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i just wanted to tell everybody about my hunt last year before i knew about this great forum. i'm using a cva kodiac 45cal muzzleloader with a 4power nikon prostaff scope and using the 225 copper areotips infront of 100grs of 777 power. i was ground hunting in the early muzzleloader season here in va. and i grunted and raddled a big 10pt with a split brow tine but had broke on piece off and a drop tine that he also broke off so we'll call him a 8pt but he was about 180lbs and was very fired up and ready to fight again. he came in about 20yrds of me and when he seen me, he ran and i was able to stop him at about 50yds from me with a mouth call and i hit him in the shoulder. he ran about 30yrd up a ridge and fell there. it left about a inch hole going in and about 2-2 1/2 inch hole coming out. lot of damage inside. good blood trail but i couldn't find the bullet. i sight my muzzleloader in at dead on at 75yds because most of my hunting areas, thats a long shot because of the woods. getting a 1inch or better group. hope this helps with anyone using this bullet. it's a stopper! hope to have another story after this weekend and pics. early muzzleloader starts up again.

Good Job!

I'm not too far from you where I hunt...I hunt the family land over in Bedford County.

congratulations on the buck...

what twist does the .45 caliber barrels have?

Latest posts

Back