3 pyrodex pellets and shockwaves?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iisabigone

Reaction score
Hey guys I have been shooting a three pyrodex pellet load with the 250 shockwave out of my omega and encore this week with outstanding accuracy at 100 yards. 3 shot groups have ranged from 14/16" to 1 and 1/4".

This has been my first experience with the pellets and I have been impressed thus far.

Has anyone put the 250 and 200 grain shockwaves thru a chronograph with the omega and encore with 3 pyro pellets?

I dont have access to a chrony and am wondering how the 3 pellet load compares to the 100 grains of 777 ffg and 250 shockwaves I have had great performance on whitetails with the last couple years.

iisabigone

3 pellets and 250gr Shockwave-in the 2200fps range
3 pellets and 200gr Shockwave- in the high 2300fps range..

Thanks big6x6 that was what I was hopeing to hear.

I have had great luck the last few years with the 777 ffg and the 250 grain shockwave. But I hate dealing with the crud ring!

The pellets were very easy to swab between shots with and maintain good accuracy compared to the 777.

It's not what you asked, but I've got a couple of numbers if you want to shoot loose T7/2f...
I get 2000 fps with the 45/40 200gr out of the White M97/22" barrel w/ 100gr T7/2f.
Andy Hass reports 2215 fps w/ 135gr T7/2F with the 200gr shot from a 26" barrel.

Of course, the latter is a pretty stout load, and you'd have to check you owners manual to know if your gun could handle it.

Thanks Twanger I figured I was getting around 2000 out of the omega and encore with 100 grains of 777 ffg and the 200 grain shockwave. It shot pretty good in both rifles. However, the crud ring was hard to deal with.

I have been experimenting with the 3 pellet loads and have been pleasantly surprized with the accuracy I have achieved. I have also been real pleased with the small amount of fouling from the 3 pellet charge compared to the 777 it has been quite managable for me thus far.

The Omega is synthetic and stainless and when I pull the trigger with 3 pellets the recoil is prett stout. With the encore with is walnut and blue the recoil is not so bad.

Latest posts

Back