.32 caliber inline

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BINGO
Not sure when it will get done, but I've been planning on building one for my daughter. I just went down and grabbed the pink camo Little Bighorn straight stock I picked up and it weights 2.1#. (I think/hope I can modify it for the bolt). This is a solid composite that has an OAL of only 25", LOP is 12.5" Sure enough, when superposed on a Mountaineer the forend is 4" shorter. GM laminate might be even slightly lighter than this one.

The Forum Member that owns the rifle in the pics I posted did a little measuring for me once.

Muzzle diameter .700
Breech Diameter 1.090
Muzzle to Breech length 21 1/2"

Do you think you will cut the action into the barrel like you did the .45 1 in 18"?

WV Hunter said:
Squeeze said:
LOL Can you assembly line mass produce them? :p :mrgreen: :wink:

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

And we can call it... the 52-.32 :mrgreen: :lol:

You can put me down for one of the 52-32 just pm me were to send the MO :poke:

ShawnT said:
The Forum Member that owns the rifle in the pics I posted did a little measuring for me once.

Muzzle diameter .700
Breech Diameter 1.090
Muzzle to Breech length 21 1/2"

Do you think you will cut the action into the barrel like you did the .45 1 in 18"?

It would require a slightly larger barrel blank to machine integral action- no difference in weight. Then you still have yo buy all the components - that's why we chose to buy a new DE and use it.
$300-$400 for gun/components
$350 barrel
Machine work and breech plugs - 4-$500
Black Ice - $120
Shipping - $50
$1300 +/-
AND we still have the stock issue as we're stuck with what's available.

I wonder if the Bolt in the GMB 32 is smaller in diameter or shorter that the other Bolt rifles. :think:

Here's the Pink Rocket
No action (1/2 pound). Current bbl is 27" (need about 1.5" for thread/breech) = 25.5". Cutting 4" off would about equal the action weight. We're still 1/3 pound over.

Attachments

• Pink Knight stocks.jpg
    Pink Knight stocks.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 128
  • Pink Knight 32 scale.jpg
    Pink Knight 32 scale.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 128
ShawnT said:
I wonder if the Bolt in the GMB 32 is smaller in diameter or shorter that the other Bolt rifles. :think:
I would not think so with the same diameter action.

52Bore said:
ShawnT said:
Bolt hole pattern on Gm32 scope bases looks the same as standard action (note same 3 holes in rear).

52Bore said:
ShawnT said:
I think your right. I was looking at the pick of the open bolt and it looks the same. It does look like the barrel has a double taper, one (larger step) right after the round action part then a few inches down it looks to stay with a slimmer more shallow taper to the muzzle. Might just be the picture but it don't look like a straight taper.

Good eye.
I agree, the first few inches of the octagon have more of a taper. They certainly did quite a few weight reduction designs..

Anybody have the weights of various Knight stocks? Would be curious about Disc straight, Disc thumb hole, and ultralights. My .32 tips the scales at 9.5 +/- with optics and though I like a rifle with some mass for hunting, I'd like a thumb hole and Knight lists the t hole disc's as being 0.7lbs less that the same rifle with a straight stock.

Upper Hand said:
Anybody have the weights of various Knight stocks? Would be curious about Disc straight, Disc thumb hole, and ultralights. My .32 tips the scales at 9.5 +/- with optics and though I like a rifle with some mass for hunting, I'd like a thumb hole and Knight lists the t hole disc's as being 0.7lbs less that the same rifle with a straight stock.

My scale died last week, but I can tell you for certain the disc thumbhole is lighter than the straight. My guess is their posted weight differences are probably correct.

Looks like quite a bit of discussion has passed since I have able to log in. I apologize for the delays, as I was traveling most of last week.

Since the first run of these guns would be a 1-time build, I think sticking with a current traditions platform will get the price in the right ballpark, and make for a much easier build. We could go the octagon barrel route if needed, and really there are a lot of options on the table, but cost does become a factor.

The big thing for us would be to make this gun the ultimate squirrel rifle, while keeping the cost in line for more of a main stream appeal. Perhaps this is a stretch, but that is my ultimate goal. I will say the G4 Pursuit's have been a great increase in quality over previous models, and I would recommend anyone considering this build to go hold one and see if it would be up to par. Since it already has the tapered barrel and lightweight design, it could be a great option for this platform.

Keep up the ideas, and we will come up with something that fits everyone's needs. I am enjoying the different perspectives, and look forward to where this project takes us.

FYI for you 32 guys
32 cal CVA Flint on GunsInternational: Muzzleloading Rifles -Custom for sale
$375

who was that? that made the .45 with a knight bolt/plug from a barrel blank, just machined the action in. That would be awesome with a nice stainless tapered barrel

I think bestill makes custom Knights. I've actually considered going the other way but having a Knight turned into a .54, similar to the Green Mountain 54/120's that were being made.

Squeeze said:
who was that? that made the .45 with a knight bolt/plug from a barrel blank, just machined the action in. That would be awesome with a nice stainless tapered barrel

I believe the rifle you're talking about was made by 52Bore for 45cal

Back