357 Max

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBAhunter

Reaction score
20210904_140151.jpg20210904_101638.jpg
Encore 26" Bellm chamber bull barrel. 357 Max, 180gr Fury, 32 gr. AA1680, Rem 7 1/2 primers, Rem brass. Last 8 shots. It shoots better than I can....lol....

Nice looking rifle :lewis: I have always been a Fan of the 357 Max, I use to own a United Sporting Arms Seville 7-1/2” .357 Max

I got a CVA Scout pistol in 357 Max, too. The rifle should be a real deer thumper!! I need to chrono it. I'm probably in the 2400 - 2500 range. Dennis at Fury said his was around 2300 with 29gr and 21" barrel.

She's a pretty rifle. I like single shots, lines are clean, most shoot VERY well, as you well know.

I have a mgm 24”. It’ll group like that all day long with 180 hotcors or 180 xtp. It really likes 27 of little gun which gets me 2350

That was the 2nd load I tried. The 1st load was Barnes 140 gr. with AA1680. It shoots the 140s the same way. I was thinking some 200gr Fury might be good.

I called Barnes and they told me that the 140 wouldn’t handle the velocity. I’ve shot both the 158 xtp and the 180 plus the hot cor and the ftx. The 180s always shoot better and the ftx I can’t get to group worth a dang. With a 100 yard zero I’m 5.5” low at 200. I have only shot a coyote with it and that was 266 yards.

Even if you blow the petals off the Barnes 140, you still have 120 - 125 gr left over. I shoot it in my CVA Scout 357 Max pistol.

Great looking rifle and she’s a shooter. I have a SSK 14 inch Contender barrel and it sure shoots when I do my part!

Was on my way home and the pawn shop near my house had their tractor beam going to draw me in. There was a Wickliffe “Stinger” that had been rebored/chambered to .357 max. Had to get it! Will be watching this thread. So far have only tried a few loads with 200 gr. RCBS and an NOE 190 gr. Both cast and powder coated using AA1680. Haven’t gotten any spectacular groups yet.

In a way i wish i had kept mine, But mine had become more of a Collectible, I was approached by the Son of the Man that actually Built it, He offered me a Pretty penny for it and i let him have it back, I always felt like it went back where it belonged

In a way i wish i had kept mine, But mine had become more of a Collectible, I was approached by the Son of the Man that actually Built it, He offered me a Pretty penny for it and i let him have it back, I always felt like it went back where it belonged
Sounds like it where it supposed to be..

Hello IH, Mossie here again (AKA trader) I've always liked the triple ctg use you get from a 357 Max, special,mag & max from the same firearm. I have a #1 in 357 (non CHIP) I chambered for the max plus a Ruger 10 1/2" Wheelgun in same. Sold the 7 1/2" I had to finance another underhammer. OOOHH the sacrifices we make for our addictions LOL. Did, have, the same with a #3 rebarreled to 444 Marlin. .44pecial, mag and 444. In 444 it will give you a wake-up call if you haven't shot it for awhile! Gotta get a #1 stock for it and get rid of that damn carbine square buttstock.

Was on my way home and the pawn shop near my house had their tractor beam going to draw me in. There was a Wickliffe “Stinger” that had been rebored/chambered to .357 max. Had to get it! Will be watching this thread. So far have only tried a few loads with 200 gr. RCBS and an NOE 190 gr. Both cast and powder coated using AA1680. Haven’t gotten any spectacular groups yet.
Go to mike bellum web site hes the 357 max guru

Latest posts

Back