357 Max

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very similar speeds. The Legend came out partially because of AR platforms because its rimless. Rimmed cases dont stack as well in magazines. In something like a Encore the MAX its a great round. A Contender or Contender Carbine in 357 MAX is just a sweet little carry single shot. Head space on the rim is simple.

How does the .357max compare to the .350 legend. Apples to apples ?

only benefits I seen was commercial ammo and running in a repeater firearm.
I never needed either and just preferred an Encore set up. I was getting about 2300fps with a 180gr Hornady SSP which is consistent with the Legend.
But if you don’t reload or want a repeater go Legend.

Echoing pretty much what has been said.The 357 Max is, to me, perfect for the Encore/Contender platform, the rimmed cartridge. The Legend for AR and bolt platform. I prefer the Encore. The 357 Max is easy to load, mild recoil, accurate. I'm sure the Legend is probably the same. I was looking for something that wouldn't punish my arthritic shoulder with recoil. I know they are alot of other good low recoil rounds out there but I've jumped on the 357 Max bandwagon!!!!

And a good band wagon it is. I have a 10" Contender barrel In 357 MAX along with a 10" 7mm TCU barrel and a super 14" barrel in 35 Remington. I love them all. I use them on one frame. My other frame has a 45/410 barrel mounted and it stays there. My pest around the house gun.
DL

And a good band wagon it is. I have a 10" Contender barrel In 357 MAX along with a 10" 7mm TCU barrel and a super 14" barrel in 35 Remington. I love them all. I use them on one frame. My other frame has a 45/410 barrel mounted and it stays there. My pest around the house gun.
DL
I have a CVA Scout 357 Max 14" barrel that shoots as good as my Encore 357 max rifle

Latest posts

Back