After tuning bow sight doesn't have enough adjustment

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cell

Reaction score
Hey guys after I tuned my bow up its a lot smoother draw,and I hit the back wall,and its solid now.Even seems faster.But now My sight doesn't have enough adjustment to shoot under 30 yards.I use a single pin sight.When I have it set on the 10 yard mark(the lowest) it shoots way to high.So high I can keep it there and shoot bulls all day at a 40 yard target.

So....Do you think I need to get a different sight?I have no more adjustment on the site mounting.

What kind of sight? Normally sights will have a course adjustment. The peep height also has an effect on sight elevation. Usually the opposite is the problem.

mcrik

Sounds like you need to use the top holes of the mounting bracket to raise that whole thing up quite a bit.

Heres another... have someone take your picture of you, with the bow at full draw. Post it on this forum and we can see whats going on. also a pic of the sight and bracket.

Thanks guys for the replies.It turns out I needed to adjust my peep also....or nopeep that is.Soon as I figured that out I can hit below 40 yards now.

Side note:Just got back from a four day bow hunting trip.Had a blast..but no luck.Will be sure to get something in a few weeks. :p

Wow bowhunting in August.......maybe I should move there!

The season doesn't last as long as I would like it to,but ya it great.Next we have a general season which you can bow hunt bear(maybe deer too.I have to call the fish@game office to clarify)that stretches the bow season too.Then the rifle season kicks in.Then everyone,and their granny are up in the hills hunting.....including me with my muzzyloader.

Just to verify in case any Californians are reading this....

Bow hunting deer ends three days before the general season starts,but bear archery continues on in the general season.At least in zone b.

As always, check your self for regulations tho......

bow tune

most places will automatically change the peep sight and such and will actually shoot the bow to make sure that your arrows are shooting around wear they should be..........maybe next time you should take it to another place to get your bow tuned

Lol.I tuned it my self.Took me about three hours of measuring, twisting,and turning the cables,and string.Most places will put it to factory specs...which are good enough,but wasn't for me.I have an '05 reflex timberwolf,and the cables fell into the tune marks,but I still didn't have a solid backwall.I found an post on another archery forum by a guy named Javi.In his post he described how to tune hoyts,and the likes to have a solid backwall....and man it does feel a lot better now.Before I didn't have a wall,but sense I'm a new bow hunter I knew no better.Personally I feel a shop can't really set a bow up for any one person...unless your there helping out.

But like I said.After figuring out that after the tune my nock point moved...which moved my anchor point.I just needed to re adjust my nopeep,and all is well.I'm back shooting better than before....now if only one of those damn bucks will walk out in my view :wink:

Thanks all for the replies.

Cell

note:Ill try to find the post I'm talking about it was a interesting read,and maybe someone will learn a bit as I did.

here it is...

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=207391

Latest posts

Back