Back East Is Getting Hammered

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muley Hunter

Reaction score
I just saw some places are getting 1"-3" an hour. No way to plow that fast. Lucky it's a fluffy snow.

We're not getting any snow but 43 degrees and a 20 mph wind out of the north isn't pleasant.

I didn't go hunting today because my tree stand would be swaying like crazy. Deer don't usually move in this kind of wind anyway.

it was in the low 60's today. Im sure we'll get hammered next lol.

Muley said:
I just saw some places are getting 1"-3" an hour. No way to plow that fast. Lucky it's a fluffy snow.

Time to hunker down. Muley is right. I have been there. My van was buried once by a blizzard.

FG, I do not believe one snow storm, or one snow ball, in Congress makes for science.:cry:

Hey, this is not politics. This is ballistics- if you believe in that sort of stuff. You know... 
empirical data?

"2015 was the hottest year on record according to the smart guys at MIT" (Separate article)

“The whole system is warming up, relentlessly,” said Gerald A. Meehl, a scientist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colo."

"Last year was the Earth's warmest since record-keeping began in 1880, the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and NASA said Wednesday."

"--The decade was the warmest on record for both the northern and southern Hemisphere and for both land and ocean surface temperatures.
--94% of reporting countries to the WMO report had their warmest decade in 2001-2010 and no country reported a nationwide average decadal temperature anomaly cooler than the long term average." - Accuweather.com
"It's not rare for a year to break record temperatures. But it's now happened two years in a row — and 2015 was "very, very clearly the warmest year by a long chalk," says Gavin Schmidt, director of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies."

"2011-2015 the warmest five-year period on record, according to the World Meteorological Organisation’s (WMO) state of the global climate report. "

Look, we spend hours sweating over ballistics based on physics. Physics IS science. 
95% of the WORLD'S scientists are saying the earth is in danger. I do not [font=georgia, times new roman, times, serif]understand [/font]
[font=georgia, times new roman, times, serif]how one may embrace shooting science and ignore the other.[/font]

I do not wish to argue. But, I may not remain silent. I  am, as God asked, a steward of the earth.

14 dead so far. Some cities have banned all travel on the streets except for emergency vehicles. 60,000 accidents.

Not much to joke about.

Been snowing, raining, sleeting and freezing rain for two days here in eastern Virginia. Had snow first all day yesterday then switched to freezing rain then rain then back to sleet and still snowing now but the storm is moving up the coast toward New England and is about over here. I haven't been out but accumulation is about 6 inches or so. Rain melted a lot overnight and sleet and freezing rain packed it down so it is misleading. About 60 miles west of here in Richmond it is 10 to 16 inches and another 60 miles to the west around Charlotesville it is around two feet. Virginia is not equipped to handled this mess!!

Unfortunately, the weathermen got it right this time. They said it would be a big storm and it is.

I remember the dusting we got in VA Beach back in the late 90's when I was stationed at Oceana. Shut everything down and people from the West Coast and Southern states couldn't drive. That's when I found out basically the city and counties didn't have any snow removal equipment. So with that kind of snow you just got I feel for you. Hopefully it will clear up quick for you guys.

My thoughts are with those being inundated by the snow and ice. I have located a snow plow for us older guys.

LJWvJq.jpg

Ron (Just being helpful)

Here in central Pa anywhere from 24 to 34 inches thru Sunday morning. at my home we had 30 inches then the wind kicked in. Some drifts around 5 feet high. Monday the melting started about half gone now. Still looks good and white on the fields and mountains

I'm glad I just have to worry about hurricanes ... and 'snow birds' driving around.

Back