bh209 lot 39

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems about right. I am into lot 40 and 120 volume weighs 95 grs. Every new lot has increased density.

Question. If you are shooting a, will say, CVA Accura .50, and max load is 120 grv and 84 grw. You measure out 120 grv and your weight average is 90grw, do you shoot the 90grw or stick with the max of 84 grw?

Question. If you are shooting a, will say, CVA Accura .50, and max load is 120 grv and 84 grw. You measure out 120 grv and your weight average is 90grw, do you shoot the 90grw or stick with the max of 84 grw?
A very good question. I'm not positive, maybe some of the others may remember but, Western .... may .... have come up with those numbers when shooting the very first lot# of BH209, which at that time 120grs VOLUME very well could have equaled 84grs WEIGHT.

What is known is that each lot# will vary with the volume to weights.

Worse possible case............. and accident. Once the lawyers get involved, which method is right? There's a lot of information concerning loading by volume. If that's the case and one loads 120grs VOLUME, it could weigh 96grs, which would be 12grs over the listed 84grs W. Depending on the lot#'s. There's a legal argument to be settled?

Since blackhorn was designed as a volumetric powder, I'd go ahead and shoot it. I can't imagine why you'd want to shoot 120 of the powder though in an Accura. Recoil is going to be something else.

I drop 120gr/v and weigh it. I don't care what it weighs I just know it is 120gr/v and no more. I then take the weight of 120gr/v and drop all my charges at that weight. I do this for each different lot number. As others have already said weight varies from lot number to lot number. I also know there is no need to weigh but I prefer to weigh. Jeff Fisk has a great video that proves there is no need to weigh. I'm an anal sob plus I enjoy it. If you are a long range shooter like Encore then weighing is a must.

This is my preferred method for Blackhorn. If my method is flawed then please speak up and let me know, I will not be offended one bit. I am always learning and appreciate others methods.

So the only way to truly know is to throw the volume charge then average it out for weight? I was thinking once you knew what 120 was you could compute it out ?? By chance do you know what 100 and 110 average out to in this lot?? Thanks

Back