Bullet Choices

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any of you try the Hornady Bore-Driver bullets? I'm thinking of using them on next years cow elk hunt.
Yes, the 290 grain Bore driver is one of the most accurate bullets I’ve shot thru my accura. I’ve only shot a few 340 grain Bore drivers and they weren’t as accurate as the 290 grain. That surprises me. I will try again later. The Barnes tez sabot in 290 grain shoots well in my gun as well.

Fixing to sight my ml with them. I have a CVA Optima V2 50 cal LR nitride rifle. Going to Hornady 290gr bore driver bullets. I use 84grs by weight of blackhorn.

To the OP. You can't complain about losing shoulder meat if you're going to shoot the deer in the shoulder.

Double lung shots don't lose hardly any meat. A little rib meat and deer don't have much of that.

To the OP. You can't complain about losing shoulder meat if you're going to shoot the deer in the shoulder.

Double lung shots don't lose hardly any meat. A little rib meat and deer don't have much of that.
You are correct, but don't cha just love the buts' Property line is 12 yards behind where i have the tick toters come out into the open. I have not even met my neighbor, as he does not live on the property. It would be my luck when i shoot one in lungs it will make over onto his property. He is a retired Conservation Officer. Ewwww n may not like me over there.

You are correct, but don't cha just love the buts' Property line is 12 yards behind where i have the tick toters come out into the open. I have not even met my neighbor, as he does not live on the property. It would be my luck when i shoot one in lungs it will make over onto his property. He is a retired Conservation Officer. Ewwww n may not like me over there.

That's always a possibility with deer. They don't seem to know when they're dead and run. Do what you have to do but expect some meat loss.

There are two other shots that will drop deer on the spot. I won't ever recommend them but that's me. Head shot and a spine shot. Options but i'd rather see you take a shoulder shot.

Latest posts

Back