'cane a-comin'

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are going to need it. I work for Alachua County Public Works, we've been staging equipment and doing sandbags for citizens all day long and will be again tomorrow. Tuesday night before we are expected to get landfall I have to report to our call center for a 24 hour shift taking calls and directing and dispatching crews. Not going to be fun, especially thinking about my family at home riding the storm out.

We are going to need it. I work for Alachua County Public Works, we've been staging equipment and doing sandbags for citizens all day long and will be again tomorrow. Tuesday night before we are expected to get landfall I have to report to our call center for a 24 hour shift taking calls and directing and dispatching crews. Not going to be fun, especially thinking about my family at home riding the storm out.

Im between Newberry High Sprangs and 'lachua

You all keep an eye out for this! Remember that the best time to evacuate was at least yesterday, if not before.
I've been thru a dozen hurricanes in this house, no reason to leave :) I know 9rings place is well built and no where near trees, etc. and in no danger of flooding. Fortunately the big bend area where it is headed is sparsely populated, but is low ground anyway and folks around there are poor - lot more trailers etc than sturdy built houses (mine has 2x6 exterior walls w/ insulation, etc)

I can however almost guarantee I'm gonna loose power for 5-10 days. Which sucks, but I'm working on getting my generator going....

I've been thru a dozen hurricanes in this house, no reason to leave :) I know 9rings place is well built and no where near trees, etc. and in no danger of flooding. Fortunately the big bend area where it is headed is sparsely populated, but is low ground anyway and folks around there are poor - lot more trailers etc than sturdy built houses (mine has 2x6 exterior walls w/ insulation, etc)

I can however almost guarantee I'm gonna loose power for 5-10 days. Which sucks, but I'm working on getting my generator going....
This place has 2x6 walls too. Theres been a cpl hurricanes since I came down here. At worst, we lose power for a few days or a week or so. BUt we lose power here left & right anyway. We got plenty of ice, coolers, gas grill & camping stove, 2 tubs full of water, 5 gal drinkable water filled, anything that can go flying has been secured & I've got plenty of beer & bud on hand. Let it storm. I hope everyone else down here has things squared away & a safe place to ride it out. Thanks to all of those that are outside in it working to help their community.

Back