'cane a-comin'

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went into the kitchen to make myself a cpl pieces of Apple Strudel bread w/cream cheese 5 min ago. I put the bread in the toaster & the power goes out. Looks like it’s not coming back on this time.
I went to take the trash to the main rd for pick up at 6am & I about got drowned & blown away, only to find when I got there ( it’s 1.5 mi to the road ) that it looks like trash pick up has been canceled today. Wish I had gotten that friggin memo jeezzz.
Looks like it’s gonna be a good day to catch up on some reading & possibly some day drinking.

Power just came back on at my house. Alachua county got a pass in general. No major wide spread damage for the most part. I fear our neighboring county's to the north and west didn't get as lucky.

Last edited:
Is he the guy that always broadcasts from hurricanes? He’s going to get killed one day.
I just don’t get these guys standing out in the dangerous wind while stuff is whizzing by or getting soaked by horizontal rain. They had one reporter standing in a water puddle maybe a foot deep and commenting how deep the water level was while 3 kids on bicycles were on the same road about 100 yards back on dry land😂
I watch the local weather guys on WESH2 that are low key and don’t sensationize the
event. Bad enough to know a hurricane is out there and don’t need the constant mentioning how a 100 year old tree snapped from the storm’s fury or how wet the street outside is.🤨

Still no power here. The houses near the main rd had power back yesterday. We are 1.5mi from the main rd & no one has power back yet. I heard yesterday that over 80% of my county was without power.
AC & his son brought us a generator & 3 small 12v batteries with an inverter to charge the phones.
So at least we can power up the 2 frig/freezers & the big meat freezer now. Why the hell the folks didn’t put a diesel back up gen in with an underground tank when they built this place is beyond me.
Anyways, that’s the update from Ft Ninering

Latest posts

Back