'cane a-comin'

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don’t get these guys standing out in the dangerous wind while stuff is whizzing by or getting soaked by horizontal rain. They had one reporter standing in a water puddle maybe a foot deep and commenting how deep the water level was while 3 kids on bicycles were on the same road about 100 yards back on dry land😂....
Bad enough to know a hurricane is out there and don’t need the constant mentioning how a 100 year old tree snapped from the storm’s fury or how wet the street outside is.🤨
I've been thru a major flood and know exactly what you're saying here. During the clean-up we had to dodge the reporters with cameras running and asking "what is it like to have survived a flood of that magnitude"? I said "first we lose everything and now have to clean this mess up and now have to answer a stupid question like that, so what I feel is that I want to punch the friggin idiots who ask those stupid questions." I told them that if they were going to be wandering around the worst area of the flooding they might be better recieved if they had a broom, or shovel, or mop instead of a microphone and camera.

Severe weather warning:
When Mother Nature screams
BOHICA MOFO’z
It’s been perfectly calm since the cane, hot & super humid thick air.
Another severe storm front is moving in from a diff direction this time.
It’s alright though, Ac’s gen has the frig’s & freezer back up & runnin. We have plenty of gas for the grill, no shortage of “ good eats “. Boilin water on the grill for coffee or to warsh dishes. Back where I’m from, it’s always been “ warsh “, I have no ideer why or how that occurred. But anyways.
My biggest concern is where the shingles blew off on the hip over the kitchen. It’s a 10/12 pitch roof, I could shingle it or design, fab, & install it all in metal too - in my younger days. I need to get up there & take care of that, but I know it’s a “ dumba$$ ideer “ before I even touch the ladder.
Dark clouds are rolling in.
Got a few things to do, really stewing over the roof thing. It’s hard to face the fact that I have no friggin business even thinkin about gettin up there in my current state.
I’m loling bc we barely put a dent in the massive clean-up we need to do, now we’re gettin it again.
I’d still much rather be out here in the country dealing with life in times like this, than be in a city or crowded town & have water & power.
It’s times like these is where
A Country Boy CAN Survive.
I hope that the rest of the Floridians fared well thru all of this.
A friend just called me, from further south of me & his Body & Paint shop had 4’ of water inside it. He has his hands full & out of business for at least a week. Prob some huge Ins. Issues comin his way too. Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

Last edited:
WooHoo... power came back on at 2:10. Oh Happy Day lol
Microwave - instead of the grill today.
Looks like all of the ugly weather has moved on. Hopefully, this is the end of it - for a while. But " it IS - Florida " & "storm season" so ya never know. All is good on the home front now. Now the clean up has to start, and that aint abit funny. I always try to look at things like this as " yes, its a hellova mess, a hellova lot of work, but, it could always be much worse. So, be grateful for that ".

Pretty soon you’ll have gators migrating through
Speaking of gators, I live a couple of miles from Lake Jesup in Seminole County which is home for 13,000+ gators. When one drives over the lake on the 417 bridge you can see them hanging out in the lake.
All the retaining ponds and neighboring lakes have gators. Not long ago I saw an 8 footer on Lake Charm crossing a driveway while riding my bicycle. Looked like a dinosaur 🦖!

Pretty sure he can handle some gators, tho. There will be a special bbq.
LMAO, Thanks for the solid vote of confidence brother. Yep, them gators would get treated just like " swimming Armadillos ", only, you're right, there would be some grillin goin on after the shooting. Gator - when cooked right, is actually very good. Decay knows how absolutely hostile I feel about them armadillos & I thoroughly enjoy blasting every one I see. Its really funny when I'm in my treestand & I see an armadillo, I'm fighting with myself like a lunatic child between " I really really reeeallly waanna shoot that F'er/ I don't want to screw up my hunt ". The younger me, would not have thought a sec before blasting it & not worry a bit about the hunt. That would be BONUS POINTS.This post reminds me of my younger - much wilder days, when me or one of my buddies would kill something & announce the grapevine " kegger/BBQ " party bout to happen. I've thrown many. However, the thoughts of actually feeding some ppl to those gators & let them take the blame does wisk thru my mind here n there jusss a lil bit. That could be some good " cheap entertainment " too. I'm glad the last phase of those heavy downpours are over. I wasn't kidding when I said if we were in a floodplain, we would have needed a boat. My buddies body & paint shop was next to a creek that flooded & his entire shop had 4' of water in it. He lives 1.5hr drive from me - south.

Latest posts

Back