Chronographs And Sabots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn it George!!!

Have you done any reading about its associated app? Basic at best folks are saying, can't control the unit via the app, single file download, no way to name the file before downloading, etc.. Reviewers are hopeful Garmon will update. Still not enough for me to not want it!
Well the Magnetospeed didn't last long.......... Its gone :)

I made these protectors out of 3/4" plywood for my oehler chrony, after destroying one of the eyes with a sabot. The guides are old arrow shafts

m8XkU0m.jpg

Thought about doing similar with @Ninering62 using an AR500 steel plate target - he keeps trying to field dress them

IMG_0660.jpeg

Wonder what that 350 would do in the 16 twist????
My opinion............. PERFECTION.

I'm dropping down to the 300's basically because they're more stable for my twist of 1:19. 45-70 shoots a faster twist and the 350's extremely well. I'm not totally sure of his twist.
Shooting in the matches the 350gr XLD's go subsonic at around 800yds, which means they go transonic likely around 700 +/-. The slow twist and low velocity just makes the longer bullets less stable while transonic with a 1:19.

Your 1:16 should shoot them exceptionally well, especially at long range. Here's the stability with a 1:16 twist

1709866284138.png

Last edited:
My opinion............. PERFECTION.

I'm dropping down to the 300's basically because they're more stable for my twist of 1:19. 45-70 shoots a faster twist and the 350's extremely well. I'm not totally sure of his twist.
Shooting in the matches the 350gr XLD's go subsonic at around 800yds, which means they go transonic likely around 700 +/-. The slow twist and low velocity just makes the longer bullets less stable while transonic with a 1:19.

Your 1:16 should shoot them exceptionally well, especially at long range. Here's the stability with a 1:16 twist

View attachment 42234
Sounds like I should try some out
I rember reading the match report from last year and the issues you had....

Back