Velocity Numbers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
With all the shooters out there, I was hoping to get some help with chronograph numbers for my MR-X .45.

I am shooting a 250 gr. No Excuses bullet, .400 Flat Base, with a MMP sabot. T7 ffg 100 gr. and a Cheddite primer.

Looking for muzzle velocity and energy numbers at the berral or any data that will help.

Trying to determine what the bullets energy is at a given distance. Shooting for 1,000 ft/lb minimum at what distance.

Thanks

I'm sure someone can put you in the ballpark. But every guns different and only one way to know! You gotta ask Santa "Wifer" for a chrono.

View attachment 39557

I like to do my own testing but was trying to avoid buying one. Wife will have me hanging from my thumbs if I buy one more thing.!!!!LOL

I like to do my own testing but was trying to avoid buying one. Wife will have me hanging from my thumbs if I buy one more thing.!!!!LOL

My better half used to be very observant about what I was buying or what seemed to just show up in my stash of goodies. Where'd you get that? How much did that cost us? That looks new. I didn't know you had something like that. How much more of that stuff do you need? She's a quilter and has a stash of fabric large enough to open her own store so one day when she was grilling me on a powder purchase, I said "Look, this is my hobby. You have exactly 37 large tote of fabric between the garage loft and the garage shelving plus you have small totes under the bed, in your clothes closet, in the back of my clothes closet and the living room looks like JoAnns Fabrics. How much did all of that cost us?" End of issue.

I have one debit card. No credit cards. If I need something and have money available on the debit card I'll use it, but most of the time I pay cash or I squirrel away a few bucks each month until I can pay cash. Really large expensive stuff comes from a separate savings account that is not hinged on the debit card.

Latest posts

Back