CVA Squirrel Rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisher1

Reaction score
Saw a CVA Squirrel Rifle localy today, 32 cal. Looked very clean. I don't know what the twist rate was in these probably in the 48 range? Just wondering if anyone has played with anything like this. These were made in Spain, the barrel appears to be 26". Could be alot of fun if it shot well. Hang tag said $125 but I think I could get for 90 or so.

I never owned one but have shot them. They were very popular long ago. And yes, I think they did have a 1-48 twist to them. I had a friend MANY years ago that owned one. He did hunt squirrels with it a couple times, but will admit he did much better with a scoped .22. But it was a fun little rifle to shoot and out to 25 yards was very accurate. That is the furthest I ever shot it.

I have a .32 CVA varminter, Not sure, but it has to be pretty close. Its a great shooter I like it a lot and I paid over double that no regrets. But everything is more money along the coasts. Id grab that up in a second, even now, If its in good shape, its a fun toy, accurate.. Heck worst case scenario, If you decide you don't want it, you could sell it for a profit I'm betting. I see a lot of adds LOOKING for a .32 on the forums lately. Mine will do a ragged hole at 20-25 Yd and is abt 2 inch to 50-60 .315 ball and .010 patch, it takes 22-25 grns to get the best groups in mine (1-48 twist)

I wonder if Lyman or Williams ever made a peep sight that would work on this gun. The factory sights are truely junk and as typical of that era the stock dosn't have much drop. I shouldered the gun and was looking well over the top of the rear sight.

If you don't buy it, I will buy it. . . I have been looking for a 32 Cal for a while. . .

Latest posts

Back