Deer Recipes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodderbeck

Reaction score
What is your favorite deer meat recipe? Please share so we all can enjoy!!!

The local water manamgement district has asked me to stop posting pix of my wife's baking - apparently the excessive drooling @Ninering62 does over them is causing flood control issues along the Santa Fe and Suwanee river systems....

As to cooking deer, back strap steaks get salt and pepper then seared in butter. Roasts - leg or loin - get seasoned then seared then into oven at 350 until 120F internal then oven cranked to 500 until 134F internal then remove and let rest for a few minutes.

(pork is similar cooking but at low until 125 then at 500 until 150 then pull immediately and tent for 10 minutes. youll see temp go up to 160+ ...)

The local water manamgement district has asked me to stop posting pix of my wife's baking - apparently the excessive drooling @Ninering62 does over them is causing flood control issues along the Santa Fe and Suwanee river systems....

As to cooking deer, back strap steaks get salt and pepper then seared in butter. Roasts - leg or loin - get seasoned then seared then into oven at 350 until 120F internal then oven cranked to 500 until 134F internal then remove and let rest for a few minutes.

(pork is similar cooking but at low until 125 then at 500 until 150 then pull immediately and tent for 10 minutes. youll see temp go up to 160+ ...)
Thanks for the recipes !

Latest posts

Back