Dusted Off the Knight Disc Elite 45

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Beautiful day here in Iowa, temp. 45*F, light winds, sunny skies. I haven't been to the range for a while, so I decided to take the Elite for some much needed shooting.

Elite 45 cal. in a Boyds laminate stock, bare primer LeHigh breech plug.
c4s0id1.jpg

All shots at 100 yards with 120 grains BH209, volume measured at the range, no swabbing, the barrel was allowed to cool 5-10 minutes in the shade between shots.

3 shots with a 200 grain knurled Hornady SST 40 cal. in a Harvester Light Blue Sabot.
Ucg1xyJ.jpg

3 more shots with the above load after a scope adjustment, the first shot was the loaner, the next two in the same hole :cool: I'm always impressed with how this muzzleloader shoots. If I do my part, it will stack bullets all day long.
CAeggEV.jpg

Just for fun, I shot 2 Barnes 250 grain knurled TEZ's with a wool wad just to see what would happen, It shot the same as when I tried the TEZ's with veggie wads. What I should have tried was a 250 grain XTP, I'll give those a try next time out.
LjSf6o1.jpg

Great shooting, love that stock! My elite .45 shoots just like that!
I have a green synthetic (knight) thumbhole stock on mine, not quite as pretty as yours but I like it :lewis:

Is that the platinum stock in nutmeg? I also see that Boyd's doesn't list a stock in .45 for the Knight so I'm assuming the .50 DISC will work? I've been wanting to order a Boyd'd for my .45 disc but never got around to it. Your picture has convinced me that is the way to go.

Is that the platinum stock in nutmeg? I also see that Boyd's doesn't list a stock in .45 for the Knight so I'm assuming the .50 DISC will work? I've been wanting to order a Boyd'd for my .45 disc but never got around to it. Your picture has convinced me that is the way to go.
I've got a Boyds TH on my Original Disc .45. Fit fine right outta the box.

Yes, platinum in nutmeg, 50 cal stock.

Did you need to inlett the Boyds stock for the forked Elite recoil lug?

No, at first it was a very snug fit but has loosened up some. I put the two washers in the pic to raise the barrel slightly, IIRC the barrel just kissed the end of the stock without the washers in place. I want to bed the recoil lug someday. Factory stock on top.
R2vP7D6.jpg

Back