Encore Loads

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spitpatch

Reaction score
I'm going to do some load development for my bro-in-law's Encore. Please give me some advise as to what your pet loads are and I will start there....spit

I do not post very often, but I must say that a barnes 300 expander in front of 80 grns blk mag 3 or 100 grn 2f 777 is the ticket. I am still playing with bm3..my best thus far is 1" @ 100 yrds w/80 grns. I do get slightly better with 777 but bm3 cleans incredibly. My encore is tweaked with bellm trigger..qla removed and 25 acp breech. With that said I started with barnes with 209 with the old round clean shot pellets then to 777 pellets and this bullet has shot incredibly. The sst is better on paper but in my opinion does not perform on game. There are respective posters on this forum (Randy Wakeman) that will back me on Barnes. Good shooting and good choice with the encore.

Spit last year I went smokeless, but the year befor that I Killed 8 deer with my 209x50 Encore. The load I used was, Pyrodex Pellets two 50 gr. and one 30gr. with a Hornady 250 gr. SST and the sabot that came with it. I used Remington 209-4 primers, witch they don,t make any more. In the fall Remington is to have a new inline primer, that I would try. Triple 7 shot just as well as Pyrodex but felt a nasty crud ring in my Encore.
Good Luck Oldsnow.

oldsnow said:
I used Remington 209-4 primers, witch they don,t make any more. In the fall Remington is to have a new inline primer, that I would try.

It's the same thing. Probably will be at least twice or thrice the price though like the Win 209's were when marketed as muzzleloader primers.

Spitpatch said:
I'm going to do some load development for my bro-in-law's Encore. Please give me some advise as to what your pet loads are and I will start there....spit

My Encore Loves DeadCenter bullets. My most accurate load with my Encore to date is. 300GRN .44cal DeadCenter, 105grns of 777. I do believe a Winchester primer as well. The .40cal 220 DeadCenter shoots very good also.

193413.jpg

The .40 220 Dead Centers (blue .50 MMP sabot) and the 245 gr. Barnes Spitfires both shoot 3/4" in my Encore w/ 100 gr. T7 FFg.

Back