Hornady Bore Driver ELDX 340 Gr

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Late spring introduction time has come and gone. Looks like we won't be seeing the new 340 grainer before the season starts.
Anyone heard any late news on what the holdup is?

Late spring introduction time has come and gone. Looks like we won't be seeing the new 340 grainer before the season starts.
Anyone heard any late news on what the holdup is?
I read on another forum that someone was told that they were having issues with the tips. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ethan (ILoveMuzzleloding) reported after the NRA Show in May that Hornady finally had the tip mold perfected and would begin production on these “this month (May ‘23) and next.”

Last edited:
I thought maybe THIS would be the year when we could actually get supplies/ bullets again. NOT. Glad I was able to stock up last year. Have a boatload of Federal BOR lock 350 gr. Seconds. Haven’t seen them available either.

I thought maybe THIS would be the year when we could actually get supplies/ bullets again. NOT. Glad I was able to stock up last year. Have a boatload of Federal BOR lock 350 gr. Seconds. Haven’t seen them available either.
I heard Federal only does one run of the BOR Locks every year. They show up in stores late summer and when sold out you need to wait until the next production run to get more.

I wonder why, other than marketing, they made it a boattail bullet?
For the range and velocity, a boattail makes no significant difference than a flat base. Maybe it was easier to install the skirt?

Makes it look a lot more sleek and aero than the ELR. Not saying it functionally is, but it looks that way to me.

They should make a matching seater plug that you could purchase with your original order.

There like 26.00 for 20 bullets. Thats what one shop told me. Everytime i see the 50 cal 250 sst on sale. I buy a box. I was at bass pro last yr. Got a good deal on 6 package of the 290 gr bore drivers bullets. I bought them and put them back. Never shot any yet.

Last edited:
Back