Omega Brux barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Shady Camo after the last one, I love the color!
But they must have some old ones laying around because I ordered a TH with stippling, and it shipped the same day and was just plain ugly. I sent it back and just ordered a plain TH and it’s back to the dark orange color and took a week to ship. The top one is the one I sent back.
View attachment 33242
Very Nice 👍Yes, I also have the Shady Camo, Not the TH (I'm Right-Handed but Dominant Left Eyed so I shoot both ways) With Boyd's you Never Know How the Color is going to turn out. My Friend's came in a lot Uglier than yours & I can't Believe he didn't return it. It Might have been because it was the Maximum LOP they offer???

Care to share who did the cerakote for you? What pieces did you give him? Any issues assembling it?
I have a local friend that will do it for me. But I had to strip down and reassemble. The Omega is really simple to tear down completely, once you do it’s a couple times. But I sent everything but the plastic spacers and springs, everything else has been coated.
Actually lightened my trigger pull to 2lbs, too. All you have to do is resend 1 spring (most times) to get the lighter trigger pull.

If I was any better at putting together a video, I’d try to put one together on how to take apart and reassemble.

Last edited:
Yeah, after the last one, I love the color!
But they must have some old ones laying around because I ordered a TH with stippling and it shipped the same day and was just plain ugly. I sent it back and just ordered a plain TH and it’s back to the dark orange color and took a week to ship. The top one is the one I sent back.
View attachment 33242
Maaan I like the color of your Shady Camo far more that I like the one I got for my Omega build. Congrats, everything looks awesome & the Cerakote on the action was a great call too.

I have received everything to complete my build. I still need to bed the barrel in the stock and install the VX-6HD I have for this rig and I’ll be ready for the range.
This time of year I seem to spend more time on the Harley, than getting rigs ready for hunting season that’s months away.
But here’s some pics that look close enough to finished…
I really love the T-Handle that Arrowhead is carrying. In case anyone is wondering it adds 1” to your rod when folded over and 2.25” to your total length. Then I like the “spinjag” that Hankins makes. I like that it will fit through the thimbles and stock. It will add 2” to your rod. Or I needed a 25 7/16” total rod and ordered a 21 3/16 from GiRamrods and it’s a perfect fit.IMG_2789.jpegIMG_2790.jpegIMG_2791.jpegIMG_2792.jpegIMG_2793.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks great!

So bend the spring to lighten? I’ve seen that method talked about.

Whose ramrod band is that? Doesn’t look like a Hanks.
Its a Hankins, he’s the only one I know that makes anything similar.

And yes the spring that sits on the same pin the trigger does. The spring part (circle) fits perfect on a Fix it stix T handle (to keep from deforming) I then take needle nose pliers and move the two ends closer together. I pinch at the bottom towards the spring and not at the ends. Hope you can tell what I mean from this picture.IMG_2796.jpeg

Latest posts

Back