Omega Brux barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, finally got the email I’ve been waiting on for over a year! With all the delays in supplies etc, Mark sent me an email saying my Brux barrel should be shipped tomorrow.
So no, pictures yet but when I get the barrel and get things together, I will post some pics.
Then hopefully (I’m positive they will be) some outstanding range results.

Well payment has been made and tracking says it will be here Friday!

I have a few things to order before I can get it together but needed the barrel in hand to get some measurements for a rod and barrel band. But should have everything else. So maybe a couple months before I get out for some range time.
Looking forward to pics..

Received my barrel today and man this thing is a dandy! The machining is top notch, the nitride is smooth and flawless, I’m definitely very happy about the entire experience!
I will have to notch out the Boyd’s stock for it to fit but the barrel contour on mine will fit, just fine.
Marks lug system leaves a key between the lugs and the Boyd’s only opens enough to fit the ramrod so it has to be trimmed.
IMG_2758.jpegIMG_2759.jpegIMG_2760.jpegIMG_2761.jpegIMG_2762.jpegIMG_2763.jpegIMG_2765.jpeg

Got it in the stock. So bedding will be happening, tomorrow. I am going to order a barrel band from Hankins for the rod. I just think they look so much cleaner than a thimble hanging under the barrel.
Also ordered a T handle from Arrowhead and will order a Gi Ramrod to go with it. So will be a bit before I complete it but I’ve waited a year and a 1/2 for the barrel (well worth it!) so a couple more months, I’d nothing!
IMG_2766.jpeg IMG_2767.jpeg

Shady camo thumbhole? Looks great!
Yeah, after the last one, I love the color!
But they must have some old ones laying around because I ordered a TH with stippling and it shipped the same day and was just plain ugly. I sent it back and just ordered a plain TH and it’s back to the dark orange color and took a week to ship. The top one is the one I sent back.
IMG_2768.jpeg

You got the 1” shank and 26” length right?
I’m pretty sure that’s what he said. I believe it’s 1” shank and tapers too .790 @26

Plenty beefy enough. I was shooting 65gr out of a Mountaineer that Jeff converted to smokeless and it tapered down too .7 if I remember correctly. It was in a factory Knight stock.

Latest posts

Back