I'll be back...Lord willing!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpsman

Reaction score
This buck wasn't taken with a ML but you can bet your 'sweet tutu' that if the Good Lord allows me I'll be back in this area come September shooting a PRB!! :cheers: :cheers:

21955912453_768f5d53aa_b.jpg
Untitled by Rick Mulhern, on Flickr

Not if I beat you to it!

Hell of a rack, especially the brow tines.

Old Smoke said:
His buddy is all yours and getting fatter by the day!
Got his head back 4 months ago and it's hanging in the camp. I hunted six days last year in Kansas....saw at least 25 bucks and never pulled a trigger! Mostly young 10 and 8 pointers after hot Does! Some are gonna make nice bucks in a couple years so.....I'll just bide my time. But I will be hunting with the Hawken come ML season there in September!

22954174380_52b5f1534f_b.jpg
Untitled by Rick Mulhern, on Flickr

Thanks guys! This is on property that my son owns in south central Kansas and it's my kind of country! Good folks...and all we know are hard workers!

Muley said:
I'll be happy to just get a buck tag this year.

Stupid Colorado!
I put some 'time' in at Ft. Carson! Skied over at Cooper Hill! Colorado's inhabitants have changed greatly in the past 50 years...sad to say! :shock: :cry:

That beautiful buck makes me want to grab the 54 cal and run out to go hunting.

Hunting season has always been the busiest part of my work year, so I haven't gone hunting in the USA for a looonnnggg time, like a couple of decades. Since I work in South Africa for a month or more each year, I have hunted on a friends game reserve. Now, with retirement close (end of May), that will all change.
wHiaPM.jpg

Ron

OK... I feel SO jealous of all of you. 
This site makes me feel green and inadequate. :rabbit:

But, it is fun.

Ron

When I was 25 years old I had three ambitions in life! First was to fly an F86 Super Sabre, second was to make passionate love to Marilyn Monroe, and third was to hunt in Africa!

Instead of the US Air Force I enlisted in the US Army so the F86 deal was out, Marilyn Monroe died on me, and Africa got to expensive to hunt!! I recall that when I was young I could have made an African 20 day hunt for $2500.00 and now....that won't even pay airfare!!

:shock: :shock: :x

"Africa got to expensive to hunt!!" 

I went to So. Africa and Namibia in '82 and it only cost me $4000 including airfare and trophy fees for 13 animals. At the time an Alaskan moose hunt was more expensive and the odds weren't that great due to uncertain weather.

I think there's a place in Minn. or Wisc. that will let you fly a Mig and maybe a "sabre jet."

Latest posts

Back