I'll be back...Lord willing!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recognize just how fortunate I am!
My flights were paid for through my work contract. The student's parents drove 2 1/2 hours from the Kalahari, where the game reserve and their ranch is located, to pick the student and me up in Potchefstroom and take us back to the ranch.
They put me up in the ranch house, fed me, handed me the rifle and took me out looking for game in the bakke (pickup truck).
We didn't look for trophy Kudu, but for a male about 4 years old for the specific purpose of making biltong, or jerky, and the rest for the locals.

The year before, I went with another student on a cull of grazers at a wealthy fellow's reserve. The hunter wounded the wildebeest, the professional hunter missed completely, so the student handed me his 7 mm mag rifle and asked me to complete the job. The others shot from about 150-175 yards. I had an advantage from 125.
E7IYkb.jpg

Ron

We must use the same barber!! :D :Salute:

I always wear a cap....to keep from blinding folks!! :|

I was thinking about trying a new look, one that would drop an elk in its tracks without use of a firearm:
ronheadelvishair.jpg

Ron

You've heard the saying " Dance with who brung ya!"

Stay with what ya got!! :Salute: :Red tup:

Good idea, Sharpsman!
That hair comes from a 1954 photo of Elvis.
It's just not me. :evil: 
Ron

Definitely a Blue Steel pose. :D 

I looked it up.
Ron

Latest posts

Back