Knight Disc Extrm 52 cal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Haven't had a Knight rifle in quite some time now. I see that the 52 cal DE are on sale on Knight's website. Why would I not want one of these? I would have a custom mold made so I could shoot my own boolits. Primarily an Elk rifle. I would go with the FPJ 209 set up. Wa State allows a closed system now with BP or BP subs, no scopes. Talk me out of it or into it :)

I don't have one but have read they are very good shooters. If you don't have any Knight muzzleloaders, buy it. I love buying stuff on sale :cool:. I would buy one myself but recently got back into RC planes and have been eyeballing a beautiful large scale P-51 Mustang.

I would also buy the SSK 209 bare primer breech plug and adapter. Much cleaner and better system than the FPJ.

I have a few of them, they are extremely accurate.I use a 325 hornady ftx in the knight silver sabot and 110 grains of ffg 777 .oh and that bullet works pretty darn good on white tails , probably works good on elk also

With their fast twist and larger hole/bore to take some weight out - they can be shooters..
I shot a doe at 218y
A friend shot a nice Buck with his.
IMG_2572.jpeg

IMG_2573.jpeg

IMG_2576.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2577.jpeg
    IMG_2577.jpeg
    738.7 KB · Views: 0
Here is what Tony Knight said about the 52 caliber in an interview:

RW: Do you have a favorite caliber?

TK: I sure do, it is the .52 caliber. I've found it to be far more forgiving than other calibers. As far as downrange terminal performance, the results I've seen have been nothing short of astonishing. In fact, some of the game animals hit the dirt so fast on video it looks fake; just too good to be true. It is true, however: the .52 performs like nothing else.

I have a disc extreme in .52. Great rifle, very accurate. .52 bullet hits hard. I cast my own with accurate mold 52-530I. Target was from last outing a few weeks ago, 52-530I 95gr by volume of FF T7 giving me an average velocity of 1425. Hopefully it’ll wipe the snot off of an elk this year!

Attachments

• IMG_0022.jpeg
    IMG_0022.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • Ballistic-X-Export-2023-07-13 18:32:40.258795.jpg
    Ballistic-X-Export-2023-07-13 18:32:40.258795.jpg
    919.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what the scope mount hole spacing is? I'm interested if my Skinner 860 peep will work. It's, well .860 hole space. Thanks. I'm in a no scope state for muzzleloaders.

Thanks for that info. Any chance you could measure the hole spacing on your 52? I really like my Skinner peep. It has .860 spacing. If it would fit I would be a happy camper.

Looks like it won’t work. Hard to measure because peep is in place and sighted in so I don’t want to move it. Is another mounting hole under peep but it is much further then .860

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
If you ever used the Warnes 2 piece bases for Knights you will notice they will fit any pair of mounting holes.
46400-01.jpg

Primarily an Elk rifle. Talk me . . . into it
This video convinced me to buy my first 52 Knight. It's now my favorite gun and caliber.
Start at the 1:00 minute mark

I have two adjustable molds for .520 bullets from 300 to 610 grains, and I paper patch .515 cast bullets.
Also see my thread on Knight 52-150-530 Loads.

I have a disc extreme in .52. Great rifle, very accurate. .52 bullet hits hard. I cast my own with accurate mold 52-530I. Target was from last outing a few weeks ago, 52-530I 95gr by volume of FF T7 giving me an average velocity of 1425. Hopefully it’ll wipe the snot off of an elk this year!
I'd imagine that giant meplat would hit like a freight train! Looks like potent elk medicine to me!

I haven’t gotten an elk with it yet but I got a deer a couple years ago. Didn’t go far.

Attachments

• IMG_8109.jpeg
    IMG_8109.jpeg
    1,007.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I have a few of them, they are extremely accurate.I use a 325 hornady ftx in the knight silver sabot and 110 grains of ffg 777 .oh and that bullet works pretty darn good on white tails , probably works good on elk also
Same load I use except 110 gr Black Horn, extremely accurate. Puts deer right down.

Pulled the trigger!! Ordered 2 of them. One for me and one for my son. I will be adding an Accurate mold down the road. Upgrade the breech plug at some point as well. I informed my son that he could buy the peep sights😎

Latest posts

Back