Knight Disc Extrm 52 cal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was able to get 52-510
I'm looking hard at the 52-510M for a groved bullet and 51-485S as a paper patch option.
i was able to get 52-510m to shoot about 3” at 100 with open sights. 95 grains by volume T7. Very happy with it. Don’t have any experience paper patching. Seems as though it would be a good bullet.

Years ago as a field expediency, I once paper patched the Lee 515-500F with one to two wraps of masking tape and got decent accuracy at 25-50 yards. It worked so I still use them at the short ranges I hunt.

I mentioned this before, and someone asked what happened to the tape. I didn't know then, but I've since recovered some bullets. The tape stays on the bullet even after penetrating deep into pine logs.

Well, I got to put the 52-510m to work on a decent blacktail yesterday. So first a disclaimer, I made a stupid shot and got lucky, in no way would i recommend doing this. This is in Oregon where we are restricted to only use open sights. I debated posting this but figured why not.
I shot this buck at 238 yards…. I was watching him chase a doe in the bottom of a unit and laid down, put my sights on him and he stopped, I said screw it and squeezed the trigger thinking I would at best miss and at worst put my tracking skills to work. I let my emotions get the best of me. The disc extreme barked and I lost sight of them in the smoke, then I heard a crash. I Figured I was close enough to scare the buck and heard him fly into the brush. I walked down kicking myself for taking such an unethical shot and and found him piled up 20yrds from where he was when I shot.
The second photo is where I was when I shot. Kinda where the crappy red arrow is. That Tall scotch broom on the ridge is almost as Tall as I am. The buck was by the stump. I shot hit him square in the heart.
Bullet cleanly passed through, exit hole was slightly larger then entrance. I am getting almost 1500fps with 95gr by volume T7. And using 40-1 lead.

Attachments

• IMG_0446.jpeg
    IMG_0446.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0454.jpeg
    IMG_0454.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0456.jpeg
    IMG_0456.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Better to be lucky than good sometimes. But I think in your case it’s a combination. Nice buck and shot! Our late muzzleloader season starts tomorrow. The White gets the call. The DE not ready yet.

Latest posts

Back