loading inline mls.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rammer

Reaction score
i just bought my first muzzleloader , an inline cva optima, i am shooting 777, 245 powerbilts with kleenbore 209 primers, seems what everyone recammends. after the first shot i have a real hard time seating the next ball in place with out having to tare the gun down and cleaning the hell out of it. is this the norm?

Are you swabbing between shots? With a damp patch, jag, and short strokes push the patch down the barrel between shots. See if that helps.

Rammer,

as time goes on you may want to try other bullets , primers and powder combinations. It's all part of the game, finding just the right load your rifle really likes. And those loads may load as you would like them to. Good luck, and keep us posted.

Hey Rammer from what I understand the T7 can leave a crud ring down near the breach plug. If you take a damp patch ( I use summer formula windshield wiper fluid and 91% Isopropol Alcohol in a 50:50 mix) and swab between shots. Not necessarily "clean" between shots but just remove some of the residue. I think you will find it to be more accurate also. I don't use T7 but I do use Pyrodex and I still swab between each shot. It's a good habit for me.

Rammer,
Try putting a drop of Hoppe's oil on your finger and running it around the base of the belt or sabot. That has always worked for me when loading... and of course, clean after a day of shooting / hunting. Good luck.

Back