MK85 barrel twist?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's good. That Flat face is the best for the #11 nipples, it will not damage them. If you have the slotted tool then you can shoot it as it is till you decide to get the Bp wit the Hex head. I don't have any plans to change mine since I got the tool but If I did not then I would change it right out. If all you need is a nipple your good to go. 8)

Good to hear. I'm with Shawn... put the #11 hammer in and get a new nipple and you are set. The newer BP with the hex head is nice, but certainly not needed. Just makes it easy to remove because you don't need a tool. If you don't have the hammer set screw on the side, you can get another one at a hardware store most likely. Or you can put the oring on the hammer (from the 209 plunger). I personally prefer the set screw on rifles that have them.
I wouldn't waste any $ on getting 209 stuff... the #11 is as good or better imo. Get a Knight red hot nipple, and if you can find them RWS 1075 caps. Most of my MK's shoot very well with 90-100gr powder (I use pyrodex rs - less crud ring than T7) and 240-260gr bullets.
If you want a project, the stock from numrich would work nicely. :yeah:

Latest posts

Back