Mueller 3 x 9 x 40

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You better get your butt in gear if you want to make supper and pie, RW.
You really don't want to face the wrath of Riflewoman do you?

Rifleman said:
You better get your butt in gear if you want to make supper and pie, RW.
You really don't want to face the wrath of Riflewoman do you?

Not possible-- you have 98% control.

hey rifleman keep using the scopes that work for you{leupold}. I plan on buying 2 of these peices of junk for the same price you bought one leupold. I may even let you try one if you can play nice or atleast come up with some black rasberry pie. really though leupolds are nice but it's time to explore other options , and I've been checking out mueller scopes for a while along with some others that are'nt as well known.

Im with you Rifleman. JD if you want to try somting other than leupold go with a zeiss not a muhler or however you spell it. You will never be disapointed with a scope if it says Leupold, Zeiss, or Swarovski.... Why question your optics when it comes to that once in a lifetime shot at a buck, bull or any trophy for that matter, I know I never will. For a few extra bucks you will never have to worry.... Right Rifleman...

I've never worried about a scope on any rifle of mine. They only go to the feild after they are proven on the range.

As for leupold , zwarovski,and Zeiss they're all good scopes. I just think there are other scopes on the market worth a try. As for preferece I prefer Bushnell , Burris , and sightron. Another thing if you can afford 700$ to 1000$ scope I'd say why not experiment with a 150$scope you can get rid of on E-bay in no time at all.

I almost forgot , Kahles riflescopes , that's the way to go.

I've backed all the way up to the optics premise that a scope is simply an optical sighting device. Leupold 4x and 3x are on my rifles. Simple, light and as reliable as possible for any glass instrument riding on a rifle. We'd never stick a camera on top of something that accelerates as fast as a rifle in recoil and expect it to last.
I'll give up a lot of bells and whistles for reliability.
Have had Burris Signature fail, Tasco Euroclass and Swift zoom fail. Have had fixed 4x Swift and Tasco 4x44 World Class Plus appear to be pretty darn bulletproof with great optical quality.
But the bottom line, when I get that trophy mule deer back in my sights am I going to trust my super zoom high quality Japanese scope to maintain its zero during a week of hard hunting or am I going to eliminate every possible Murphy factor before squeezing that 3lbs of trigger?
The Mueller's look like they are coming out of one of the good Japanese factories and are a good product.
I like Randy's reviews. He calls 'em as he sees 'em and lets the chips fall where they might. Good or bad.
I know a few Marines and they are known to prefer CRAT's and MRE's to Ruth's Christ. So stop offering Rifleman dessert!

laker said:
You will never be disapointed with a scope if it says Leupold, Zeiss, or Swarovski.... Why question your optics when it comes to that once in a lifetime shot at a buck, bull or any trophy for that matter, I know I never will. For a few extra bucks you will never have to worry.... Right Rifleman...

Unfortunately, I have. I've had two brand new Leupold Vari-X II's fail to hold their zero within 20 shots. Within a few weeks, one of my best shooting buddies Vari-X II's lost its zero as well. To date, only one scope has ever degassed out in the field on a hunt. It was a Leupold Vari-X III. :(

Most all scopes can, and have failed. Not a surprise, as you have a stack of 12 - 16 lenses, and one loose or cocked lense is all it takes for an immediate problem.

A telescope is not new technology, it has been a long time since the days of Galileo. It should would be convenient is the sticker on the box really meant something, but it doesn't. Scope design is one thing, but quality of assembly is another. If American hands are automatically better at it than Japanese hands, there is scant evidence of it.

It is a pity manufacturers do are not compelled to state their return rates-- if they were, a lot of heads would be spinning. :shock:

laker said:
JD do you know who makes Kahles? SWAROVSKI.

Kahles claims no-- they share no designs or technology with Swarovski, and operate as an independent entity, though owned by the same parent company.

I have no way to verify that; all I can say is that is their clear position.

I sent a Swarvoski marked Kahles for repair one time and Swarvoski handled the transaction. I talked to the President on the phone, he was quite the arrogant Austrian. But this German told him a thing or two.

I have two Kahles, and just got in one of the new multi-zeros to try on that sorry ole Savage HBLE. So far the Kahles is one awesome scope for the money. I used to be a dyed in the wool Leupold man, but after a series of trouble with the product then moreso the company, I gave up on them and do not own any Leupold scopes at all. It's Kahles, Zeiss or something along those lines for me from now on. I might not own a pile of scopes, but the few I do own will be well-built and last a lifetime.

Junk- Mueller, Sightron, Redfield, Weaver, Bushnell, Tasco, BSA, Simmons

Good- Leupold, Zeis, Trijicon, Kahles, Swarvoski, Leica

And that coming from a man with a very large crack ! :lol: :shock:

It is a pity manufacturers do are not compelled to state their return rates-- if they were, a lot of heads would be spinning.

Of ALL the scopes I have owned BSA has the highest percentage of returns followed by Simmons next, then Bushnell, then Tasco, each having a riflescope return four or more times. Next, in order, would be Weaver, Swift, Burris, Sightron, and Leupold. Out of FIFTEEN Leupold riflescopes I now have, I have returned one. It could have even been my fault. I have never returned a Schmidt & Bender, Kahles, Docter, Zeiss or a Swarovski.

Back