Mueller 3 x 9 x 40

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rifleman said:
Junk- Mueller, Sightron, Redfield, Weaver, Bushnell, Tasco, BSA, Simmons

Good- Leupold, Zeis, Trijicon, Kahles, Swarvoski, Leica

Has the Rifleman owned these, or is this some Sanford & Son global opinion, based on vapor of some sort?

What is often ignored is that certain models of a given brand are outstanding, other specific models bearing the same brand bear no semblance.

If you don't think an Bushnell Elite 4200 is a superior scope, a date with the eye doctor is indicated.

Yes you do need to get rid of the Leopolds 6x6, especially the low power ones. You give good deals. :D
Redclub

I never owned an M16a2 but I was the first instructor outside of the cadre at Quantico qualified to teach it. I think I proved to you RW that I was well qualified to comment on it, by reciting from memory the changes to that weapon over the a1 model. So the argument that you have to own something to evaluate it, is not really a valid one. Besides that I have stayed in a Holiday Inn express. I must also caution you before you reply, there is pie at stake, so be a good boy! I know your pen is not for sale, but pie does have a strong influence on you. I have seen this for myself. HAHAHAHAHAHA :D

I have stayed in a Holiday Inn express.

I very nearly choked on my coffe at that one! :lol:

big 6x6 I was surprised at the order you listed your returns. I expected Tasco to be scrumming with BSA for most returns.

Rifleman said:
IBesides that I have stayed in a Holiday Inn express. I must also caution you before you reply, there is pie at stake, so be a good boy!

I believe that you are more qualified to comment on the amenities at the Holiday Inn Express than scopes you have never ever seen, much less used. :?

Hey smoke brain :oops: I never said I have not used these scopes other then the mueller. I have used several of each mentioned brand, some I have owned. But junk is junk regardless. Kinda like your car! ah ah ah hahhahahahahahahahahah :D

Rifleman said:
Hey smoke brain :oops: I never said I have not used these scopes other then the mueller.

You never said you did. :shock:

The Mueller thread is a popular one.

Is your pet jumping catfish doing well?

Actually I released him to play with his friend Flipper.

And just for the record I have shot so many guns and scopes it is hard to name them all. Guys have me shoot their stuff all the time and I know I have shot just about a representative of everything. So there you go :D

big 6x6 I was surprised at the order you listed your returns. I expected Tasco to be scrumming with BSA for most returns.

I have returned quite a few Bushnells... :oops:

Is it a model thing or across the line? To date a Leuplod VII leads my infamous list having round tripped 4 times. A 29 year old Redfield is a close second at 3 trips.

I have 2 Mueller 2X7X32 Multi shot scopes............excellent scopes, as are my new model 3X9X40 Buck Master and Bushnell 3200 3X9X40.....

poncaguy said:
I have 2 Mueller 2X7X32 Multi shot scopes............excellent scopes,

Now that Doohan and JD have had the chance to shoot with the 3 x 9 x 40 Mueller, it is hard to say that they are not solid hunting scopes, the reticle is outstanding, and for the money-- just hard to beat.

Has anyone taken a good look at the Swift Premier line?
Great warranty, fully muticoated, nice glass. One site touts them as being "as good as Leupold or awfully close". http://www.eabco.com/Swift01.htm

I have the Premier 3-9x40, have used it a bunch and have been very impressed with it. One peice construction, very bright optics. windage and elevation adjustments are crisp. I have not formally checked the tracking yet. I have not had to experience any customer service so I really can't comment on that, but with a great warranty at about half the price of a Leupold it is definately worth a look.

Comments on these scopes, especially this model?

RandyWakeman said:
Now that Doohan and JD have had the chance to shoot with the 3 x 9 x 40 Mueller, it is hard to say that they are not solid hunting scopes, the reticle is outstanding, and for the money-- just hard to beat.

I feel that scope was an OUTSTANDING value! Hard to beat in that price range! Fantastic reticle as well!

Has anyone taken a good look at the Swift Premier line?

A B S O L U T E L Y !

This is absolutely my favorite line of value-priced scopes! I've owned probably 15 or so of them at one time. The Swift 656 3-9X40 is an excellent scope for the money. That's the first scope I ever put on a muzzleloader! It's still a good scope, too! I've also owned several of the 676 4-12X40AO, which is a great scope for any rifle including air rifles as it will focus down to 10yds and will take the recoil of most air rifles. The 669MTA 6-18X44 is also a fine scope for any rifle. I've also owned one each of the 677M 6-24X50AO and 678M 8-32X50 and both offer good optics for the money. The Swift line up of scope are really great values.

http://www.swift-optics.com/products/sporting/

Just got a Burris FullField II Ballistic Plex 3X9X40.........a vey excellent scope. Ordered a new Simmons, will see if they are good as the reviews I've been reading! Think I'll order a Swift next..I have a bunch of Handi's and Encore barrels.........

poncaguy said:
Just got a Burris FullField II Ballistic Plex 3X9X40...........

I have that exact scope... I think you will be very happy.. I like mine alot.

Back