Muzzle-Loaders.com Genesis Scope?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no experience with the Genesis scopes, but I do have 5 Vortex scopes on various hunting rifles. I could not be happier with them for the price point.

Both of my in-line ML’s came from muzzle-loaders.com and the price difference between the Vortex and Genesis scopes was too small for me to take the risk.

If i was going to go less expensive than Vortex I would probably look at something like the Bushnell scope that deermanok put up. The other two are close enough in price that I would just go Vortex at that point.

Never owned a Genisis scope but I sighted in my friends Wolf that came with one. I couldn't focus it properly and it seemed to mess with my eyes/brain like everything was jittery. It didn't seem to bother his eyes though. I couldn't wait to get done shooting his rifle. It may have just been a fluke but I'd go with the Vortex or the scope deermanok suggested, its a good solid scope.

I just put one of these Bushnell scopes on my TC Thunderhawk. Nice long eye relief. Only a dozen or so shots with it mounted and seems to be doing well.
I have had Bushnell scopes in the past...and actually the new 30-06 I just got came with one. It is really having a problem holding zero at the range today...I have to check screws, I mean it is all over the place. I think I will move the Burris scope that I have on my Optima over to the 30-06 and put the Bushnell on the Optima.

The older models were definitely better back when. Seems like today, it's a crap shoot if you're gonna get a good one or not.
Yeah. It came as a "package" with Savage Axis. It was same price as unscoped gun. I will swap it out. I love teh Vortex crossfires and with the 30-06 having increased range over my 350 Legend, maybe I will just spring for the 4-12 x 44

Back