My best 3 shot group

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While not a sub MOA, or MOA, my first and best group of 3 shooting full bore .45 bullets from a TC Encore.
265 gr. Fury bullet
Wool pad
T7 209 primer
100 gr. V T7 Powder
50 yrds.
Now some fine tuning.
View attachment 39435
Those are great hunting bullets & nice shooting. That will get the job done for you

My buddy killed a doe this weekend using the 265gr Fury STB. We field dress on a gutting table so when you open the chest cavity everything sits there like a big bowl. Two big holes and her lungs were completely obliterated, not even a chunk of lung left. It looked like lung puree. That bullet is very accurate and without a doubt devastating!

45 Encore with a MGM black powder barrel using 120gr/v BH.

I should have added my friends Encore with those 265gr Fury STB's is sub moa with a best group of 3/4" when he does everything right. I think it might tighten up a little more.

That .45 MGM Black powder only barrel is a very good barrel for about $600 which includes a ramrod with jag, barrel band, scope rail, barrel standoffs and a Hankins tungsten bushing BP. Fluted was about $100 more.

Last edited:
I should have added my friends Encore with those 265gr Fury STB's is sub moa with a best group of 3/4" when he does everything right. I think it might tighten up a little more.

That .45 MGM Black powder only barrel is a very good barrel for about $600 which includes a ramrod with jag, barrel band, scope rail, barrel standoffs and a Hankins tungsten bushing BP. Fluted was about $100 more.
When I got home I measured 10 charges, the way I was measuring at the range. Then I weighed each one and averaged them, 79.3 grains by weight. My plan is to head to the range with 79 through 82 in 1 grain increments and see what the gun likes. I won't be satisfied until I know I've gotten everything I can out of it.

My plan is to head to the range with 79 through 82 in 1 grain increments and see what the gun likes. I won't be satisfied until I know I've gotten everything I can out of it.

That's the only way you'll really know what the gun/load really can do. Great attitude!

Back