New to Muzzle Loading - Looking for BH 209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am new to hunting with an In-Line Muzzle Loader and have a .50 cal CVA Optima and .40 cal CVA Paramount Hunter. I am wondering if anyone knows where I might acquire some Blackhorn 209 powder? It probably comes as no surprise that I can't find it anywhere. I've checked the usual places I buy for my center-fire rifle reloading...Graffs, Sportsman's, etc and no one seems to have it.

Welcome from Oklahoma, about all you can do is to keep checking.
It shows up in stock but doesn't last long. Triple 7 is your next best option.
Don't fall for those online scammers that say they have in stock along with primers and caps when nobody else has.

If you haven’t already, get on all the legitimate waiting lists possible. Got my last container from Powder Valley that way.

Blackhorn 209 is hard to find local and online. Just need to check everyday. The sad part is everyone is looking for Blackhorn powder. As mentioned above 777 might be the next best powder.

Check Sportsman's warehouse. The store in Medford, Oregon has 30 bottles for about $40.

Yes Sportsmans Warehouse and Cabelas/Bass Pro Shops have bottles anywhere from $40 on up. 209 mag primers is the big question.

Yes Sportsmans Warehouse and Cabelas/Bass Pro Shops have bottles anywhere from $40 on up. 209 mag primers is the big question.
Sportsman's will not ship the 209 to you. You need to pick it up at the store and I have been checking every day. They do have some but I don't want to have to drive 350 miles to get it Will try Cabelas thanks.

I guess Powder Valley has stopped maintaining waiting lists. I apologize for steering you wrong. It should still be a good source to check everyday.

Latest posts

Back