Northern Precision 44 Caliber 350 Grain Bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_5704.JPG

This bullet provided by Mnt monkey

IMG_5707.JPG

From muzzle to bottles = 25 yard. Powder charge = 80g Blackhorn.

IMG_5706.JPG

Bullet destroyed the first two bottles; blew open the third, and fourth bottles; holed the fifth bottle, and was caught by sixth bottle. Bullet in sixth bottle was 3 pieces; even so; the sixth bottle had a nice uniform hole on the front side.

IMG_5712.JPG

VIDEO

IMG_5704.JPG

This bullet provided by Mnt monkey

IMG_5707.JPG

From muzzle to bottles = 25 yard. Powder charge = 80g Blackhorn.

IMG_5706.JPG

Bullet destroyed the first two bottles; blew open the third, and fourth bottles; holed the fifth bottle, and was caught by sixth bottle. Bullet in sixth bottle was 3 pieces; even so; the sixth bottle had a nice uniform hole on the front side.

IMG_5712.JPG

VIDEO
Thanks for another awesome bullet test. Holy cow! That bullet hit with some authority didn't it. But it breakin up like that, I wouldn't consider a good thing.

I agree it was harder,, 16 grain 17 grains loss isn't much almost looks like what broke off would act like some of those fragmenting solid copper snazzy bullets,, might have to retry that bullet ,,thanks for the test
It certainly looked like it would hit like a freight train - real stopping power & I'd agree, most of the core stayed together.

The green ones have thicker walls so a little more weight to them. I’ve always noticed they don’t flare as wide as the black and they always travel a bit further down range as well.

IMG_5718.JPG

The green crushrib was picked up yesterday by the busted bottles. The other two picked up today from previous shooting . The two from today flew about half as far as the green one. The ribs don't show up much.

IMG_5720.JPG

Back